New Member waiting for a new build - c'mon!

Dave Spearing

Dec 6, 2018
Weston super Mare (UK)
Hi guys and girls,

Having been an admirer of the Cupra over the years, I have finally got around to buying one.

It's a 290 5dr DSG in Mystery Blue, due to be built next week (wk50 wc 10th Dec). Been advised by dealer, available to me end of January 2019. Can't wait. Unfortunately, I have read about the uncertainty of planned delivery times!

My wife and me are both long time petrol heads and live in Weston super Mare, UK. We normally stick to Mercedes and BMWs. The car will be my wife's daily driver. She is currently driving a C Class 250 cdi Sport loaded with options (great car but which we've had an ongoing fuel injection problem with and now can't wait to sell). Thought about the new A Class 250 briefly, but no comparison to the Cupra - including value for money. I think she will love her new car when it arrives (I hope, it will be my fault if not!!). I am certainly looking forward to driving it.

I am a long time member of the SLKWorld forum and am looking forward to being active on here too. For info I have a pampered 2007 SLK55 and equally pampered 2002 Honda VFR 800 (last of pre Vtec) with only 5k miles on it, both currently wrapped up for the winter.

Cheers for now.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. Sounds ace. Long wait ahead though. Especially with xmas to get out of the way first as well.

Reactions: Dave Spearing

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum,

You've picked a great car! I'm sure all will be well, lets hope car building goes well over Christmas and you get the car on time.

I like a good Blue car!

Cheers

Reactions: Dave Spearing
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.