new member with a 2.0 16v cupra

Claudio Valadão

since you have a LHD you best bet is to have the Supersprint manifold and exhaust system!

LHD ? whats that?

Dinky Dave you know if the supersprint manifold 886901 to golf 3 gti abf is compatible with my cupra?

g60bron

GTi Fixer!!!
Jan 23, 2010
Doncaster
Left Hand Drive... Mean Steering Wheel is on the Left... Ours in Uk are on the right....

That is one Very Smart looking car :D loving the Cupra Stickers. What is in the Back then if there are only two seats?

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
Left Hand Drive... Mean Steering Wheel is on the Left

Yep the wrong side lol

Supersprint does one for your Ibiza so why do you want the Golf one?

And if the Golf manifold is like the TSR one we had other here you will need to slighly modify the bulk head with a sledge hammer.

Claudio Valadão

Left Hand Drive... Mean Steering Wheel is on the Left... Ours in Uk are on the right....

That is one Very Smart looking car loving the Cupra Stickers. What is in the Back then if there are only two seats?

:doh:
LHD lol
the car its like a 6k van inside, with a large suitcase!

Img0022.jpg

Yep the wrong side lol

Supersprint does one for your Ibiza so why do you want the Golf one?

And if the Golf manifold is like the TSR one we had other here you will need to slighly modify the bulk head with a sledge hammer.

I just wanted to know if it was compatible, because i found one in portugal especific for golf 3 gti 2.0 in secondhand with a very good price!

ps: your project is the maximum! very good! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
:doh:
LHD lol
the car its like a commercial car inside with a large suitcase!

Img0022.jpg

I just wanted to know if it was compatible, because i found one in portugal especific for golf 3 gti 2.0 in secondhand with a very good price!

ps: your project is the maximum! very good! :clap:

Thanks! ;)

Over here we have a tuning company called TSR they made a 4-1 manifold for the Mk3 Golf GTi ABF engine which would fit the Mk2 Ibiza but the bulkhead will need modifying, nothing much but scary to do.

Zero

Feb 11, 2005
Like i know supersprint has the same manifold for all 16v, no matter if short or tall block. If you go to SS site you will see that numbers for golf mk2 16v and ibiza 16v are the same.

Check this pic with shortblock and SS manifold, there is just a couple of mm beetween stabilisator and manifold.

So if you have 15mm taller ABF engine, the same manifold will also fit, but it will comes nearest to chassis.

p.s. i have seen your video on youtube :) 210km/h @6900rpm, short gearbox :coolthumb

Last edited:

Claudio Valadão

Like i know supersprint has the same manifold for all 16v, no matter if short or tall block. If you go to SS site you will see that numbers for golf mk2 16v and ibiza 16v are the same.

Check this pic with shortblock and SS manifold, there is just a couple of mm beetween stabilisator and manifold.

So if you have 15mm taller ABF engine, the same manifold will also fit, but it will comes nearest to chassis.

p.s. i have seen your video on youtube 210km/h @6900rpm, short gearbox

yes, the manifold 886001 for ibiza 2.0 is the same to golf 2 gti 1.8,
you think 886901 fits in my car?

you saw the video?! the car its a little slow, i think! but I will change that....:D

Chaddy74

Wow that's not much clearance!! Did you have o modify anything to make them fit ? Did you go with 2 1/4 " system ? What flow rate cat are you running ? Nice looking car BTW :)

Chaddy74

Also Are you happy with the SS Manifold ? Any before and after testing ? Does in Knock as it looks pretty darn close !!

Zero

Feb 11, 2005
PL/KR/9A/ADL... short block
ABF tall block

I don´t have SS manifold, i just want to say that on shortblock will manifold come lower and on tallblock higher ... so there is no ideally line with SS because 4-2 part is the same for all 16v and 2-1 part is just different for models with cat or without cat.

without cat

with cat

Chaddy, you also need to make every year exhaust emissions? If yes than take 200zeller cat to be on safety side, in not than take 100zeller :)

Chaddy74

PL/KR/9A/ADL... short block
ABF tall block

I don´t have SS manifold, i just want to say that on shortblock will manifold come lower and on tallblock higher ... so there is no ideally line with SS because 4-2 part is the same for all 16v and 2-1 part is just different for models with cat or without cat.

without cat

with cat

Chaddy, you also need to make every year exhaust emissions? If yes than take 200zeller cat to be on safety side, in not than take 100zeller :)

Cheers Zero :):)

Claudio Valadão

I have a doubt! what kind of spark plugs are best for my ibiza 2.0 16v (ABF)??
already got 5 years and i never changed it

cheers

Camaleão_Ibiza

Paulo Louro
Jul 13, 2008
My home is Portugal
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise