New member with Cupra 300 on the way

Fletch300

May 30, 2018
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and will be taking delivery of my first Seat (hopefully) in July. I ordered the Cupra 300 5 door back in early April and have just had build week 26 confirmed. The dealer reckons this will mean it will be ready to collect by end of July... three months earlier than I was expecting. Can't wait!

Spec-wise, I went for a dsg in mystery blue with seat sound and winter pack. Was tempted by bucket seats and pan roof but decided against the pricier options... more on that further down...

I've had BMWs for my last two cars - a 2011 116i sport then a 2015 120d m sport. Enjoyed both of them but have spent the past 6 months looking for something quicker that's fun and practical enough (2 young kids but I have a skoda kodiaq company car so didn't need anything huge)

It's fair to say I did a proper car search! I test drove everything from a golf r to an m140i to an Alfa Giulia Q.V. and M3. So why the Leon? Well, it was more fun than the golf in my opinion which felt sterile even compared to my 120d. I liked the slightly more raw nature and agility of the cupra after driving it back to back with the golf. I also don't agree with reviewers who mark down the Leon's interior versus the golf. The m140i was great but I fancied a change. Monthly price was also a factor - it's working out at less than half the price of something like the giulia Q.V. and although it's in a different league, I felt the fun per pound was higher in the Leon and couldn't ignore a saving that could go some way towards a second mortgage! It's over 100 per month less than an equivalently equipped golf r too. Maintaining the "bargain" status of the Leon was why I opted against the buckets and pan roof - plus it's easier to justify the dodgy maths to Mrs F this way :1st:

I'll post in the Leon mk3 group too and sorry if there's too much info here... look forward to speaking with you all over the next few years of seat ownership!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the family buddy!

You've got yourself a nice car! Let's hope you dont get any issues along the build process.

More and more people are seeing the SEAT benefits over the what I thought was a boring golf r in comparison.

Looking forward to seeing some pics when it arrives. You going for a ceramic coating at the detailer?

Cheers

Fletch300

May 30, 2018
I've been watching the forum for a while and the lead times seem to be massively inconsistent so we'll see, but hoping things will stick to schedule now build week is confirmed

I probably won't go for ceramic coating at the dealer although I might get it detailed and have a coating applied then. Any recommendations in the Yorkshire & Lincolnshire area welcome!

Cheers