New Member - Yorkshire

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Introducing myself as a new member...

Owner of Silver (64) plate Leon FR 150 no tech pack and on 17 inch 5 spoke standards.... looking for advice and inspiration really, mainly on wheels and vinyl wrap roof. Been browsing the forum for a while now so its only right that i become a member.

Mods to date...

Quantum blue re-map - 195bhp & 410Nm torque
Black Vinyl wrap number plate surround
Mk2 Leon Cupra front splitter
LED Bulb upgrade to low beams / auto daylight running

Planned .... (still not too sure)

18 or 19" wheels... still looking over inspiration possibly black with diamond cut (like the Clubsport R golf)
40mm Eibach lowering springs
Gloss black roof and mirrors
Probably need sills, rear diffuser and boot spoiler then

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site and sounds like a nice car put some pics up when you have a chance / enough post's (if that rule still applies)

With regards to wheels I love my 19" but a lot of people dont like them as they are not as comfy or quiete as the 18" buts its a personal choice.
I would not go with diamond cut as the finish looks great when new but they do damage easy and suffer with the water getting behind the surface and they cost more to repair and you can only do a couple of re cuts so be aware.

With regards to rear if you dont have them have you considered the side wings that fit under the boot spoiler.

If you don't have them already you should also look at VCDS, OBD11 or Carista so you can make some changes to your car setup.

Lastly (sorry everybody I am boring i know) come along to the https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ly-8th-booking-details-and-discussion.443756/ and meet some of the members and show your car off.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Introducing myself as a new member...

Owner of Silver (64) plate Leon FR 150 no tech pack and on 17 inch 5 spoke standards.... looking for advice and inspiration really, mainly on wheels and vinyl wrap roof. Been browsing the forum for a while now so its only right that i become a member.

Welcome to the site :)
I also (like @theoldboy) have 19" wheels on my Cupra R and I love them I don't see a downside apart from mine being black as it shows chips etc quite badly.

Enjoy spending lots of money lol

Cheers

Lastly (sorry everybody I am boring i know) come along to the https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ly-8th-booking-details-and-discussion.443756/ and meet some of the members and show your car off.

You're really pushing this haha do you not want to be stuck with me or something?

Deleted member 103408

haha very happy to be stuck looking at your car but it would be nice if we could have a few more cars to show of the brand.

Anyway point taken no more pushing for members to come.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
haha very happy to be stuck looking at your car but it would be nice if we could have a few more cars to show of the brand.

Anyway point taken no more pushing for members to come.

It's a good plan, I thought that I smell or something...

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
Welcome to the site and sounds like a nice car put some pics up when you have a chance / enough post's (if that rule still applies)

With regards to wheels I love my 19" but a lot of people dont like them as they are not as comfy or quiete as the 18" buts its a personal choice.
I would not go with diamond cut as the finish looks great when new but they do damage easy and suffer with the water getting behind the surface and they cost more to repair and you can only do a couple of re cuts so be aware.

With regards to rear if you dont have them have you considered the side wings that fit under the boot spoiler.

If you don't have them already you should also look at VCDS, OBD11 or Carista so you can make some changes to your car setup.

Thanks for the welcome. I’ll take a look at your car on previous posts and get around to taking some pictures of mine.

Also, can’t make the July 8th
Sorry

Deleted member 103408

no problem and sorry we took your post over.

Enjoy the car and as jimbobcook said start saving.

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
Thanks for the welcome. I’ll take a look at your car on previous posts and get around to taking some pictures of mine.

Also, can’t make the July 8th
Sorry

Promised a picture ...

Sun was out just for 30 seconds today and fell on the car just right so here is a picture I managed to get before the rain clouds came...
P89PxyCdJJGJSqu83

Deleted member 103408

Just checked out on the web and it looks like you cant embed pic from google pics but you can from google drive.
Nice looking car

Deleted member 103408

Carrying on the conversation from the upgrade thread as that is just to talk about the sit.

Yes I have a cupra 280 with a few mods (check out my sig for pics and details of what has been done)

PaulW100

Apr 24, 2018
with regards to lowering the car, my understanding the FR is lower than standard Car and Cupra is lower again.

If you are interested in lowering then chat with talk with Damion here https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?forums/dpm-performance.248/ he can give you some idea's and cost's

here is a good thread about lowering https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/any-mk3s-lowered.437100/#post-4714454

Good man, appreciate your help getting me started with the forum. Will check these threads out

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise