NEW!! MK 2 Cupra in testing pics / and possible Leon SUV(?)

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
As I said before... It will be interesting to see the real power-output on the Leon FR! - In Austria the TFSI is sold as a 200hp model... instead of 185hp! - But all the specs. (nm, 0-100km/h and topspeed) are exactly the same as on the 185hp model... Funny isn´t it!

Check www.seat.at and search for the enginespecs. on the TFSI if you want to have a closer look!

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
the compression ratio is higher on the UK site, but the Austrian car quotes slightly worse fuel consumption and co2 emmisions.

So maybe the Austrian cars do have a different state of tune, wierd...

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
In Denmark (where I live) the TFSI is sold as a 185hp model... but the specs. are EXACTLY the same as in Austria... and that includes the compression ratio, fuel consumption and co2 emissions! - Confusing... isn’t it!?

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
translated from french forum

Seen on forum L-C: “Modification of range SEAT on the models 2007 The production of the models 2007 of range SEAT begins the week 22. The modifications are: LEON: Launching of the news Leon FR: More than one completion the F.R will be a model of reference in the segment of the compact ones. It will be available with 2 motorizations, a gasoline 2.0 TFSI of 200ch and a diesel 2.0 TDI 170ch, both equipped with superb services. The equipment of these versions is identical to the completions SPORT UP but with all the elements of design and exclusive personalization of the completion FR already seen on the ALTEA FR - specific bumpers - rims alloy 17 inches FR (option 18 Andromède inches 450 € with tires 225/40) - flying and pommel FR - exclusive seats with logo embroidered FR - chrome muffler The prices for these new versions are: - FR 2.0 TFSI 200ch 1P15P1 24.295, 00 € - FR 2.0 TDI 170ch 1P1561 24.695, 00 €. All the versions of Leon 2007 (including FR) incorporate series: - radio operator CD MP3 and connection with-in (with same functions RC1 as Ibiza) - Disconnection airbag momentary - spare wheel wafer of series - disappearance of the kit of repair of the tires Increase in the tariffs of 1,5% Options: New price for the options: - PM 450 € - PC4 (ESP) 500 € - Volumetric Alarm 250 € - Electric Roof 600 € For the radio operator orders at the wheel it will be necessary to ask option RB7 150 € The headlights Bi xenon now incorporate the “directional function” which takes into account the position of the wheel and the speed of the vehicle, to increase the zone illuminated in the turns. This new option has a price of 900 € From week 25: - RC2: connection USB under the momentary seat (located with charger CD) 100 € Disappearance of the option detector of rain and radar of retreat for the completion Reference. Also the options disappear: - telephone pre-installation (p *****) - pre-installation tows WRP) - charger CD (RB4) As soon as the system of navigation is asked for we recommend to ask for the RC2 (Connection USB) the rear view mirrors become convex. Elimination of the acoustic witness forgets front safety belts. The completions Reference and Sport incorporates a Horn mono-tone. Colors: New colors Pastel: Yellow Crono 6G6G for all the completions. Metallized: Blue Ada 7N7N (azul aniversario replaces) for Référence, Stylance, Sport and Up Sport; and Green Natura 7U7U for Reference, Stylance, Sport and Up Sport. ”

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Skinfakse said:
Check www.seat.at and search for the enginespecs. on the TFSI if you want to have a closer look!

Austria

Verdichtung 10.3:1
Leistung in kW (PS)/ Umin 147 (200) / 6000
Drehmoment in Nm 270/1800-5000

Höchstgeschwindigkeit in km/h 221
Beschleunigung in sec. 0-100 km/h 7.8

UK

Compression ratio : 11.5:1
Maximum power in kW (PS)136 (185) /6000 rpm
Maximum torque in Nm (lb ft) 270 (199) at 1800 rpm

Maximum speed (mph) 137
Acceleration 0-62 mph (secs) 7.8

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
Denmark

Compression ratio : 10.3:1
Maximum torque in Nm 270/1800-5000

Maximum speed: km/h 221
Acceleration: sec. 0-100 km/h 7.8

www.seat.com

Compression ratio : 10.3:1
Maximum torque in Nm 270/1800-5000

Maximum speed: km/h 221
Acceleration: sec. 0-100 km/h 7.8

Austria

Verdichtung 10.3:1
Leistung in kW (PS)/ Umin 147 (200) / 6000
Drehmoment in Nm 270/1800-5000

Höchstgeschwindigkeit in km/h 221
Beschleunigung in sec. 0-100 km/h 7.8

Again... The Austrian specs. are EXACTLY the same as the ones in Denmark and on the official Seat homepage (www.seat.com)! - The ONLY difference is the hp! - Don’t you find this strange? It’s even more confusing when you compare the specs. in the UK with the ones from Denmark and Seat.com... cause they are a bit different, even though the hp are the same!

Am I really the only one in here who think that these specs. are a bit strange?

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
Maybe, but when the Octavia Vrs was launched, the press figures were all different, some said 200bhp, some 197, one was 201bhp.

The only way we'll find out is taking a new Golf GTI and a TFSI to a the same rolling road and comparing figures. Unfortunatley rolling roads are not allways entirely accurate as they measure BHP at the wheels and then "project" up by a percentage to allow for the power lost through the drivetrain and arrive at the flywheel power which is what the manufacturer quotes. Hence if you want a true figure I guess you need a benchmark like the Golf to go to the same rolling road.

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
A company called "RH-motorsport" in Denmark, had a Golf V GTI and a Leon TFSI on their rolling road about a month ago... They said it is exactly the same engine with exactly the same engine-management, and there is no difference in the power-output! (sadly they don’t write anything about it on their homepage... but it’s right here if anyone would have a look www.rh-motorsport.dk - Beware... it’s in Danish... :eek:))

I really don’t think the Austrians made a typo! - Imagine what would have happened if the same thing had been stated on the UK (or Danish) website! - Someone would have found that mistake within minutes... and I don’t believe that the Austrians are less observant!

carl4x4

Aug 25, 2004
I'm sure you're right about the Danish rolling road test, but the question is, is the UK TFSI car the same as the Danish one?

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Skinfakse said:
A company called "RH-motorsport" in Denmark, had a Golf V GTI and a Leon TFSI on their rolling road about a month ago... They said it is exactly the same engine with exactly the same engine-management, and there is no difference in the power-output!

But VW quote much better performance stats for their 2.0T:

Engine maximum Speed 146mph / 235km/h
Engine acceleration 0-62mph 7.2secs
Maximum output PS 200 at RPM 5100
Maximum torque 207 lbs.ft / 280 Nm at RPM 1800

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
slimtater said:
If this is the new "Cupra" then I may just wait a bit longer then and forget a Sport!! Love the look, but why no Brembos? Are they going to be standard in the UK only again?

As posted elsewhere. That is not the Cupra. It's a car fitted with the aero body kit.

The other shots of the Leon with the Brembos are more likely the Cupra underneath (but not the final body kit). :)

Scott

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Syphon said:
As posted elsewhere. That is not the Cupra. It's a car fitted with the aero body kit.

The other shots of the Leon with the Brembos are more likely the Cupra underneath (but not the final body kit). :)

Scott
This is the problem - TOO much information out there and it is hard to work out the facts. The dealers don't help much either!

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
But VW quote much better performance stats for their 2.0T:

Engine maximum Speed 146mph / 235km/h
Engine acceleration 0-62mph 7.2secs
Maximum output PS 200 at RPM 5100
Maximum torque 207 lbs.ft / 280 Nm at RPM 1800

Yes they do... and the real performance for the TFSI should resemble that IRL!

By the way... the "new" Golf GT with 170hp is stated to have the same acceleration from 0-100km/h (7.9 against 7.8) and top speed as the Leon TFSI! - Isn´t it a bit funny that it can do that? - Remember that it almost has the same weight... and 15hp less!??

All in all... I think that the specs. on the TFSI are really weird!

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Skinfakse said:
Yes they do... and the real performance for the TFSI should resemble that IRL!

By the way... the "new" Golf GT with 170hp is stated to have the same acceleration from 0-100km/h (7.9 against 7.8) and top speed as the Leon TFSI! - Isn´t it a bit funny that it can do that? - Remember that it almost has the same weight... and 15hp less!??

All in all... I think that the specs. on the TFSI are really weird!

Okay. I'll get my missus to take a stopwatch out on our next trip and I'll do the sad******* 0-62 test down the (flat) slip road to the A40!

Skinfakse

Mar 3, 2006
Denmark
Okay. I'll get my missus to take a stopwatch out on our next trip and I'll do the sad******* 0-62 test down the (flat) slip road to the A40!

Sounds great... it will be interesting to hear what you "get"! - I haven’t tried it in my own... it´s so damn hard to control a stopwatch and accelerate heavily at the same time! :)

I also have to confess, that I believe it’s pretty difficult to get the exact time with a normal stopwatch… I think you will easily give or take a second compared to the professional equipment! – Half of a second is not a awful lot of time… ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise