New MK2 Cupra Owner - Thread of Questions

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'd have a look see if there's an aftermarket dv (like the forge thingy that includes a blow off valve). Or a spacer on the dv. Or as you say, a blow off valve. I don't really hear my turbo at all (other than the induction noise from the Revo intake).

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
I'd have a look see if there's an aftermarket dv (like the forge thingy that includes a blow off valve). Or a spacer on the dv. Or as you say, a blow off valve. I don't really hear my turbo at all (other than the induction noise from the Revo intake).

Yeah definitely sounds like I’ve got either an aftermarket BoV or something funny going on then.

When Im full throttle then come off the at like 4K it makes an obvious and loud turbo / BoV noise.

I’ll research this tomorrow.

Last edited:

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Im looking at changing the stereo in the car is there a way of knowing the correct colour of the dash? I'm pretty sure it Galena Green but would like to be sure.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Im looking at changing the stereo in the car is there a way of knowing the correct colour of the dash? I'm pretty sure it Galena Green but would like to be sure.
Check with Listers on here I'm sure if you give them some info they will be able to tell you.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Check with Listers on here I'm sure if you give them some info they will be able to tell you.

Thanks. Without seeming too dim how do I find him? Ive tried searching but it just brings up all the threads he's been tagged in.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Sooo update- a bit.

I think the previous owner to me has fitted a BoV, after a lot of googling I'm going to take the engine cover off in a few hours at dinner then have a quick look.

Then I'd like to replace it all with OEM.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Take off the BOV they decrease performance for the car as they vent the air out when it is supposed to be diverted round the system, meaning the car can't calculate it.

If they have attached this to the diverter valve then you will find this underneath the car below the driver side attached to the turbo.

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Take off the BOV they decrease performance for the car as they vent the air out when it is supposed to be diverted round the system, meaning the car can't calculate it.

If they have attached this to the diverter valve then you will find this underneath the car below the driver side attached to the turbo.

Brilliant. Cheers for the help, I’m going to have a look in a sec. really hopefully doesn’t have one fitted, only bought it last month and they didn’t mention any mods.

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Brilliant. Cheers for the help, I’m going to have a look in a sec. really hopefully doesn’t have one fitted, only bought it last month and they didn’t mention any mods.

Have you got an aftermarket air intake under the bonnet, usually like an open cone filter right side of the engine?

This will produce some blow off noises, but wouldn't be the same as a BOV, if you've just got a standard black box then it's a standard air box which you wouldn't get much noise from.

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Have you got an aftermarket air intake under the bonnet, usually like an open cone filter right side of the engine?

This will produce some blow off noises, but wouldn't be the same as a BOV, if you've just got a standard black box then it's a standard air box which you wouldn't get much noise from.

Air filter looks normal, standard box thing attached to the engine cover.

I will have to peek below the engine cover, which I'm clueless on how to take off, apparently its just force?

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Engine cover has been off, had a very quick look.

The circled red bit is the DIverter Valve right?

Do I need to check hoses coming from there, what exactly am I looking for.

Attachments

• EED22556-8316-44CD-A3B8-FDAED27FBEDE.jpeg
    EED22556-8316-44CD-A3B8-FDAED27FBEDE.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 97

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Yeah it is. Looks like it hasn't been off in a while. You can remove the screw on the bracket holding it still. Then the 3 screws fixing it. Then it pulls apart like a kinder egg. Be careful when you remove it you don't drop any of it down the pipe.

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Yeah it is. Looks like it hasn't been off in a while. You can remove the screw on the bracket holding it still. Then the 3 screws fixing it. Then it pulls apart like a kinder egg. Be careful when you remove it you don't drop any of it down the pipe.

That’ll be a job for the weekend that. Could that valve be causing the weird turbo noise?

I’ll try recording the noise tonight on my run into town.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'd check what revision it is and if it's torn for starters. The new G's have a blue diaphragm me thinks. This is the older D:
cVGLm2q.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Since it's raining and you can't do anything you might want to watch this. Interesting at 3:45 he says "a torn dv makes it sound like you have a blow off valve".

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Since it's raining and you can't do anything you might want to watch this. Interesting at 3:45 he says "a torn dv makes it sound like you have a blow off valve".

That’ll be the trick then, is It worth buying one of those updated aftermarket valves?

I only really plan on going stage 3, but not yet; while I’m there though, ya know. Preventative maintenance and all that

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hmm. I considered gfb+ or rev g OEM. In the end I went for rev g. I've seen mixed reviews of the aftermarket ones. Some reputable tuners don't like them. And from what I've read may require maintenance every 6 months. I'm currently 2+ and had no issues with OEM.