New MK3 Leon CUPRA R Confirmed

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Yes of course.....they are pretty close in price on paper ,but last time I checked with dealers here in Ireland, Seat offered huge discounts, so St cupra 4 Drive was still the bargain for me!
Ah okay, so pretty much like the PCH deals then.
Long may they continue!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

shaun_ccxr

Mar 27, 2016
I wish they will make a 6 speed option of this. I wonder what's the limitation, hope it won't be massive otherwise it will ruin itself and the hatchback R. Let's also hope the RHD numbers will be below 100

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
I wish they will make a 6 speed option of this. I wonder what's the limitation, hope it won't be massive otherwise it will ruin itself and the hatchback R. Let's also hope the RHD numbers will be below 100

Both the manual and the DSG are 6 speed as only (no) option so what is it that you wish for?

(Edit: maybe no manual R though)

Last edited:

shaun_ccxr

Mar 27, 2016
Sorry let me rephrase, i mean at the moment not sure of the manual will be available in the Cupra R ST as i heard rumours DSG only
Both the manual and the DSG are 6 speed as only (no) option so what is it that you wish for?

(Edit: maybe no manual R though)

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Will the majority of these cars be left hand drive? Certain volume countries only ?
Has anybody been able to purchase the hatch R even in the U.K.?
I suspect so.
Would be nice to see one up close.
1a86c7124bf19319f125ed41eea7bc6f.jpg

shaun_ccxr

Mar 27, 2016
Yes 24 RHD units for U.K only. I got a quota but I dropped it since dealers do not allow the Cupra R to be registered under company name, hence the option of me exporting and getting VAT back is gone. However there are few units out there available
I suspect so.
Would be nice to see one up close.
1a86c7124bf19319f125ed41eea7bc6f.jpg

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Might be cool to start a "register" of cars like the Edition 30 and Clubsport S lads have done.

SEAT have #2 as a demo, presume #1 is in the museum, PWR Racing have #323. So far seen no Uk ones.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Morning all,

A nice walk around comparison between a standard 300 and the R.

https://youtu.be/DMwBVZi9oJI

I know the copper isn't to everybody's liking, but that aside the video shows just how much more purposeful the R looks when comparing the exterior designs.

By default the 300 really is a sleeper car.

Enjoy

vicalva

Cup Racing R - Legend
Aug 13, 2003
Madrid
Visit site
Morning all,

A nice walk around comparison between a standard 300 and the R.

https://youtu.be/DMwBVZi9oJI

I know the copper isn't to everybody's liking, but that aside the video shows just how much more purposeful the R looks when comparing the exterior designs.

By default the 300 really is a sleeper car.

Enjoy

What's that about only the driver's side front break being equipped with Brembo rotor, not the passenger side, on the Cupra R, making it not good for track? If true I find that shocking and wonder what the reason would be?? Won't that affect the balance on heavy breaking?

Also disapointung to see LCR parts being add-ons to the standard Cupra instead of specific to the LCR, e.g.same front and rear bumpers with extra carbon piece screwed in on the LCR.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
What's that about only the driver's side front break being equipped with Brembo rotor, not the passenger side, on the Cupra R, making it not good for track? If true I find that shocking and wonder what the reason would be?? Won't that affect the balance on heavy breaking?

Also disapointung to see LCR parts being add-ons to the standard Cupra instead of specific to the LCR, e.g.same front and rear bumpers with extra carbon piece screwed in on the LCR.

Not sure, but he mentioned it was the same on some AUDI RS models like it was a group thing.

The parts always did look added on to be fair. To start with the side blades are from the performance pack and they are glued.

You can also purchase an official front lip for the FR and CUPRA that gets put on after too.

You never know it may go the way of the BTCC kit that was on the MK2 K1. Think I only saw them on FR's in the flesh.

There are three design elements I wish would have remained the same on the MK3 facelift

1) hidden rear door handle on the 5 door
2) integrated fog lights in the main headlight cluster
3) blacked out bumper behind the number plate

JohnWB87

Aug 14, 2017
Midlands
The brake disc thing is that the venting and cooling vanes are in one fixed direction, the one side then is not getting optimal cooling.

This was discussed in a thread somewhere where several performance pack cars are experiencing warped discs on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So can you still buy a Cupra R hatch anywhere in the UK? I would be tempted...!
The 24 units out of the 799 destined for the UK have already been sold. Unless any are up for a second hand sale already.

They have announced an ST R but I don't know any details on dates and UK availability.

Last edited:

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
The 24 units out of the 799 destined for the UK have already been sold. Unless any are up for a second hand sale already.

They have announced and ST R but I don't know any details on dates and UK availability.

Lewis you could always lease a cupra r? Lease plan go have some how got some in stock! Might make up for the almighty **** up by seat?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Very much doubt they have any in stock, all customers were vetted. probably once of them websites that automatically uploads new cars.

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Very much doubt they have any in stock, all customers were vetted. probably once of them websites that automatically uploads new cars.

Ah ok thought that was the case. What would be the point of special edition if they just sell to lease companies.

Is £570 a month.
56c1c5d07423f15f8376db754fda0e37.jpg

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.