New model Toledo section? Any owners yet?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
thats because they only go up to the 1.6tdi they do have have anything bigger..my ssiters is the top of the range model...1.6tdi..

Not everyone wants a diesel though, some of us find them a bit tedious and unpleasant. There are 4 other petrol engines in the range, 2 of which can equal or better the 1.6 TDI performance yet these are yet to be seen in existence at a UK dealer!

aldo4343

I plan on getting the 1.6 Ecomotive ES.
Any guidance? Anyone spoken to any current owners yet?
Having done a dealer friendly test drive I can only say the car has a little turbo/diesel lag to be expected, but plenty of muscle once you get used to driving a diesel. I only experienced minimal roll going round a roundabout hard enough to squeal the tyres. It did more than a little reminding me of my Mum's old VW Bora driving style wise. Not a bad thing really.
You guys are evidently fairly Seat Savvy. For an old Honda Jazz petrol owner, what would you say is step 1 of owning a Toledo?

GazGT

Jun 25, 2005
Manchester
Only get the diesel if you do a lot of (motorway) miles. The toledo is basically a long wheelbase Ibiza. We have had a lot of people on here complain of poor MPG from the 1.6

I was looking at my next company car being a Toledo, and for me it makes more sense to go with the 1.2 tsi eco petrol model as its cheaper on the company tax, but now the Leon ST is on the horizon I think I'm going to go for one of those instead.

aldo4343

Miles

What constitutes a lot of motorway miles? Is this as a percentage?
I reckon I'll just break 11k per year approx 50% of which will be on the motorway. I think I'm about on the mark for when it doesn't make much difference whether I'm in a diesel or petrol and as I'm hoping to adjust my habits to. A more relaxed driving style switching to a diesel seems to make sense no?

I'm not arguing BTW, just keen to get a clear picture or gain info I haven't thought of.

Cheers

Al

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
I would also second the recommendation of the 1.2 TSI 105. It suits the car well. Just make sure you don't pay list price as big discounts on new/ nearly new Toledos are available

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Just make sure you don't pay list price as big discounts on new/ nearly new Toledos are available

I always thought it was bloody dear at list

Broadspeed just confirmed the 1.6 S Ecomotive Diesel

List £16640
Discounted £13036

That's a heck of a chunk off

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Indeed, and that's only the start. If you look at something like this 62-plate/ 3000 mile 1.6 TDI SE at Motorpoint its up for only £10,999 which represents almost a £7k saving on list! Quite a few options including Nav and 17in alloys.

http://www.motorpoint.co.uk/VehicleAdvert/Seat/Toledo/424090

151856_1.jpg

aldo4343

Got one :) 1.2 TSI 105PS SE. Cant say I remember being as impressed with my old Honda Jazz when I got it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.