New online reviews of the ST

Walpurgis

Feb 5, 2013
Top Gear, Auto Express and What Car have just published ST reviews.

According to Top Gear, the Leon's dashboard is "so stark and button-poor, even the most optioned cars look like poverty models". But they also say it is more of a Golf than a Golf.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Lol I love what hacks come up when they can't think of anything to actually criticise. 'Button poor' what exactly does that mean.

Its not like its a helicopter cockpit, how many buttons does a car really need? Your supposed to be driving not pushing buttons. Most modern cars have hidden away most of the multitude of options behind computer systems with multiple modes, as is the case with the latest Leon's.

To paraphrase Clarkson's own theory on amplifiers.

British amplifiers - No fuss, silky smooth one or two dials maybe a couple of buttons. Expensive. Sound amazing!

Japanese amplifiers - very technical functions, equalisers, flashing lights, loads of buttons. Bit cheaper and if you mess with it long enough you might make it sound like the British amp.

Which is better?? Obviously the Japanese one…more buttons. :D

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2013
If I had to decide what car I was buying based on Top Gears advice I would seriously think about buying a bike.

The dash will be the same as the hatch and its fine, in truth its better than my previous BMW. Everything is pretty well placed and the materials are good. Obviously someone wrote the report without actually seeing one.

If you read the report it says the 1.2 TSi is 85 bhp and the 1.4 TSi is 121 bhp.

It goes onto say the 1.6 TDi has 170 lbs/ft of torque.

If they went to the trouble of reading the brochure they may just get the facts correct.

Total muppets, must be hand picked by Clarkson.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members