New owner 1M 20v 1.8T 4wd from California now living in Germany

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hello everyone I've been looking at what Forum to join and it's not easy we don't have SEAT in the USA so alot of European sites are in foreign languages. I figured I should assimilate to the European car culture so I bought something we can't have in the US and I'm super happy about my low key Audi Quattro. Just wanted to drop by and say hello with pictures of my car. I just drove 500km each way to pick her up, she has transmission (3rd synchro gone) and an exhaust muffler hole but I got it for a damn good price. Here she is and I'm so excited for everything to come all the learning and racing at Hockenheim to do!

135000km (83,000 miles)
1.8L Turbo 180ps
4x4 (Quattro) <3
Color name?

Anyone know where to buy or download complete parts diagrams with part numbers? I bought a service manual from Emanuals but no parts numbers :(

SJvTmGP_d.jpg
f3HZevc_d.jpg
A2MDpiB_d.jpg
OkcTY19_d.jpg
6xWEv6z_d.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome! I assume since it's on the back of a trailer it's a non runner? You planning on doing the repair work yourself? Looks in pretty good condition though. You could try posting in the Listers section of the forums and asking for the part numbers of the bits you need.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Welcome! I assume since it's on the back of a trailer it's a non runner? You planning on doing the repair work yourself? Looks in pretty good condition though. You could try posting in the Listers section of the forums and asking for the part numbers of the bits you need.
She runs alright but I didn't want to risk driving 320miles and the tranny go out. 3rd gear is gone and I just didn't want to risk a far drive. Yes I will be doing the repairs myself. Since I'm not in the UK I thought it would be an ass move to ask the dealer connections on here for part number advice. If I wanted to start a thread to look for exploded parts diagrams what category would you recommend. Last thing I want to do is post in the wrong category and piss someone off.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Ah, that makes sense. We're a friendly bunch on here, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'd probably start by posting in the Leon MK1 forum. It's more likely to be seen by someone who's got the same model and had to do the same repair.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Ah, that makes sense. We're a friendly bunch on here, so I wouldn't worry too much. I'd probably start by posting in the Leon MK1 forum. It's more likely to be seen by someone who's got the same model and had to do the same repair.
Thanks man will do! And thank you for the welcome :D

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
You weren't lying it's a nice one!
How went the repair?

The repair was extremely difficult without my array of tools I have from my dad back home in the USA hahaha but I got it done on my own! After showering in 18 year old gearbox oil, breaking a few tools, bleeding a bit, and cursing a lot. But got it done, and she runs great!

I’m taking a 6 week vacation to California but then when I come back I’ll move her along to E85 ethanol and stage 2 along with all the parts I’ve collected over a year.

Then slowly over the next year build up all the parts and engine in my garage to go 650hp big Porsche brakes etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2019
Switzerland
The repair was extremely difficult without my array of tools I have from my dad back home in the USA hahaha but I got it done on my own! After showering in 18 year old gearbox oil, breaking a few tools, bleeding a bit, and cursing a lot. But got it done, and she runs great!

I’m taking a 6 week vacation to California but then when I come back I’ll move her along to E85 ethanol and stage 2 along with all the parts I’ve collected over a year.

Then slowly over the next year build up all the parts and engine in my garage to go 650hp big Porsche brakes etc...

Damn good job! Wish I could do all of this myself. That's also why I'm here, to learn more.
Will you post all the updates somewhere on the forum?

Enjoy holidays!

to go 650hp
Now I understand the 4x4 requirement :rock:

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Damn good job! Wish I could do all of this myself. That's also why I'm here, to learn more.
Will you post all the updates somewhere on the forum?

Enjoy holidays!

Now I understand the 4x4 requirement :rock:

Yes for sure I will be posting in the readers ride thread. Something I’ll actually be starting on my vacation, takes a lot to make a good thread, and I want to be detailed, I will also be typing DIYs for everyone, along with manufacturing special 3D printed or CNC’d accessories and car parts on the side.

My brain is an encyclopedia full of knowledge about cars, so if you have any questions just shoot me a pm and I’ll help you with anything I can!

Haha yea, 4wd is a must for me!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members