New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

C00PRA

i think i will stick to my stage one, then just upgrade the exhaust clutch inter cooler and injecters through out the year.
only want 215 bhp from it. other wise i will have to modify the handerling.
turkish if i ever change my mind i am defo contacting you as you seem to know you stuff

thank you all for advice on my decision to get a new turbo.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Around 210hp and 350lbft has cost me (inc labour)
Hybrid £700
Clutch £550
Remap £475
New dmf £200
Suspension front £200
Air intake (filter and mods)£60
Exhaust £325
Total £2510
Glynn

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
The dmf was from gsf car parts but I believe you can get one form tps (VW) for similar money but with a 2 year guarantee as with one form gsf you only get 1 year even though its the same part! Make sure you buy a sachs one and not an LUK as they are not as good as the sachs unit.
Clutch came form Competition braking products and the clutch was fitted at DSB Autocare in Nottingham 01159771004 ask for Dave. Charged me about £150 labour.
Note that I didnt renew the release bearing as I had fitted a new standard clutch about 10k before I went hybrid and uprated clutch, the bearing was fine so used it with the new clutch.
Glynn

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
PD150-BT-Graph.jpg
Thats an interesting graph tbh as my graph had similar sort of dip then surge in the torque. Albeit i got 381lb/ft.

Will post more when i get my new graph as the car has adapted now.

pedrosousa

Hi, I have one 1749v stage 2 by TD with ceramic coating...

What turbo pressure do you have at 2000???? I see people saying that they have 1.8/1.9 or even 2.0 but at what rpm??

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Thats an interesting graph tbh as my graph had similar sort of dip then surge in the torque. Albeit i got 381lb/ft.

Will post more when i get my new graph as the car has adapted now.

Interesting graph indeed. What turbo is fitted?
I am intrigued as my car has around 350 lb ft but at 2400rpm! Where at that engine speed that graph shows 250 which is not much more than standard. Must feel gutless below 2500 rpm?
Glynn

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Interesting graph indeed. What turbo is fitted?
I am intrigued as my car has around 350 lb ft but at 2400rpm! Where at that engine speed that graph shows 250 which is not much more than standard. Must feel gutless below 2500 rpm?
Glynn
Yes and no. If you feed the throttle on the turbo spools up and gives the power much better. However if you plant your foot right down there is lag as the turbo is trying to spool the requested amount of boost lower down. Once it hits 2500 all hell breaks loose.

ballenapene

Hi, I have one 1749v stage 2 by TD with ceramic coating...

What turbo pressure do you have at 2000???? I see people saying that they have 1.8/1.9 or even 2.0 but at what rpm??

Generally peak boost is from my experience on full load as the torque comes in on these TDi's so that would be around 2,000rpm.

However on a TD2, im sure it can run 2.0Bar, but I think most will run almost standard remap boost levels, as wont need much more for 220-230bhp

pedrosousa

Generally peak boost is from my experience on full load as the torque comes in on these TDi's so that would be around 2,000rpm.

However on a TD2, im sure it can run 2.0Bar, but I think most will run almost standard remap boost levels, as wont need much more for 220-230bhp

I'm having problems with my turbo, the car is with an old remmap made for the original GT1749VB.
The problem is when I press the gas pedal 100% at 2000Rpm I hear a noise like rrrrrr and the car seems to brake. If I press above 3000 Rpm it goes like a bullet to 4500 Rpm.

I think the remmap it's with asking to much turbo pressure and the turbo geometry closes to much causing a huge back pressure and the car can't acelerate...

The problem it's when I see people saying that they have 1.8 from 2000Rpm to 4000Rpm for me with this turbo it's impossible.

Sorry for the bad English...

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
I'm having problems with my turbo, the car is with an old remmap made for the original GT1749VB.
The problem is when I press the gas pedal 100% at 2000Rpm I hear a noise like rrrrrr and the car seems to brake. If I press above 3000 Rpm it goes like a bullet to 4500 Rpm.

I think the remmap it's with asking to much turbo pressure and the turbo geometry closes to much causing a huge back pressure and the car can't acelerate...

The problem it's when I see people saying that they have 1.8 from 2000Rpm to 4000Rpm for me with this turbo it's impossible.

Sorry for the bad English...

Yep, you have too much backpressure down low as those vanes are too closed. That will destroy your turbo very soon. Get a custom remap/new remap or adjust stop screw by yourself. Always check EMP or be prepared to buy another turbo...

To get 1,8bar from 2krpm to 4krpm is quite possible but maybe not with your turbo/setup.

pedrosousa

Yep, you have too much backpressure down low as those vanes are too closed. That will destroy your turbo very soon. Get a custom remap/new remap or adjust stop screw by yourself. Always check EMP or be prepared to buy another turbo...

To get 1,8bar from 2krpm to 4krpm is quite possible but maybe not with your turbo/setup.

Hi, the car is stopped in he garage I only use it on weekend, non aggressive driving. It made that thing only 5 or 6 times...
TurboDynamics says that I should not adjust the stop screw, the remap it's enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

pedrosousa

I have another turbo for my car a stock unit, so I was looking to it this morning and from what I can see the stop screw could be the solution for my problem..

I'll try something.... Thanks for the help!

EDIT:

I couldn't resist and this afternoon I move up the stop screw... It's working good, the car it's great, now I don't have the vanes to closed an I can press full throttle at 1500, 2000, there's no problem...

It was so simple to solve the problem!!!

shadowmaker THANK YOU for your advice!!!!

:D :D :D

At 2000 Rpm it's making less than 1 bar, at 2500 Rpm it's +-1.5, at 2750 Rpm it's at 1.8...

I'll try to adjust the stop screw again to get a faster spool up...

Last edited by a moderator:

pedrosousa

I don't have any photo, but it's simple to see what it is. When the vanes are completely close the actuator it's with the smallest size.

If you press the actuator by hand, you'll see that there's an ending point, at that point the turbo have a stop screw...
Adjusting that stop screw you can limit of close of the vanes, but I think that if you put it up very much than the vanes won't close enough to create pressure at low RPM... Be careful with that!!

I'm not the ideal person to explain because I can't express myself in English... Sorry

If shadowmaker passes here to see this he can explain better....

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
I think you explained it well ;)

If the vanes close totally the exhaust gasses are virtually blocked, changing the stop screw setting a bit prevents them from closing quite so much. This means EMPs are reduced, but also you'll get less ability to use every last bit of energy from the exhaust gasses to drive the turbo.

Certainly wouldn't adjust it too much, but if the car is mapped properly, it should not be needed anyway :)

pedrosousa

Finally I found one photo, but Ican't post it because I have to few posts.... :(

Send me a PM!!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members