New remap for my Stage 2 Turbo Dynamics TDI 150

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
At 2000 Rpm it's making less than 1 bar, at 2500 Rpm it's +-1.5, at 2750 Rpm it's at 1.8...

I'll try to adjust the stop screw again to get a faster spool up...

Nice to hear you solved the problem. You should have/use EMP monitoring while setupping as that's the only way to determine when you are in the "safe" zone. In the low rev area EMP should never go over 3bar with these small core vnts. Of course you can spool that turbo faster with 3,5bar EMP, but that will hurt bearings inside the turbo badly. Everyone should understand that while vnt is making our power range wider, it can't do miracles. For miracles use two vnts staged. :p

And that stop screw adjustment should not be needed when you are using professional remapping. Otherwise, well... :think:

pedrosousa

And that stop screw adjustment should not be needed when you are using professional remapping. Otherwise, well... :think:

Lower EMP means also lower EGT???

ASAP I'll be with my remapper to tune up the car but I don't have time right now and don't want a new turbo ;)

Stop screw:

://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3710/dsc00238cb3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
Lower EMP means also lower EGT???

EMP and EGT go hand in hand, but there's no way to determine what's happening in low rev area by monitoring EGT. EGT is way too slow to react and you can have nice EGT readings @ WOT, but still have too much EMP down low to destroy your turbo. This is what poeple don't seem to understand...:)

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Mikey, do you have plans to go any further with your car?

Was there not a mention of you having some sort of sequential twin-turbo setup a while ago?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Yeah Allards tried to go twin on my car but it never quite worked out right for road use as never got a smooth cross over of the turbos. Got a new engine build on the way at the moment with bigger turbo,injectors,forged rods,water/methanol etc plus getting a lot of stuff CRYO treated. Might work might not but if i don`t try i will never know is the way i look at it. I have nothing to prove and just doing it for my own self interest really.

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Thats a shame. Would have been pretty incredible.

Are you doing all the work yourself then?

What setup (turbo, mapping etc.) are you currently running?

Thanks

Tom.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
sourcing and buying the parts myself but a friend that runs a tuning company is fitting everything to a spare engine/tranfer box/gearbox i have bought.Mapping can be done by at least two people i know who are very good. Currently still running same old VT5 turbo setup.

pedrosousa

Learn more about EMP and 17/22 VNT at:

ttp://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=194802&page=1

pedrosousa

Hi, I didn't have time to adjust the remap but I went to a dyno to see how it is without changing the remap that was made for stock turbo....

Graph:

://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7141/digitalizark.jpg

And video:

w.youtube.com/watch?v=3ofxnx9ALPw

correcaminos

Hi, I didn't have time to adjust the remap but I went to a dyno to see how it is without changing the remap that was made for stock turbo....

Graph:

://img27.imageshack.us/img27/7141/digitalizark.jpg

And video:

w.youtube.com/watch?v=3ofxnx9ALPw

yeah!!

it's a very less smokey car for a portuguese remap!

I like it!!

magnumsport

Love this thread :D (apart from the smart a**es and people who say its impossible)

Paul really is an amazing guy and he will be the first person i visit when i get my Ibiza Cupra TDi :D

P.S. Well done Turkish!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Yes i could but no i am not. Messing about with it when you don`t know what your doing can quickly kill your turbo and shouldn`t need to be touched with the small hybrids people on here have. Just leave it a lone and forget about it.
Mike - the tone of your post is so frustrating and annoying to be honest. These "small" hybrids make as much as your "big turbo". Why withhold information? if people want to break their cars so be it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise