Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

New SC CR170 - Shopping List Needed!!!!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by S3 AKR, Oct 28, 2012.

1. S3 AKR

S3 AKR livin' the dream!!!

Picking up my new, white FR+ Supercopa on Thursday (CR170) after a few weeks of wrangling, negotiating, juggling, indecisiveness, general farting about and then committing the M3 relationship to being something to cherish from the past (a difficult " its not you, its me" conversation with my absolute pride and joy).

So its all change - M3 going, MCS to have some paintwork redone before being reassigned to me as a station/track day car, Tolly to be put back to standard and sold on, many Tolly parts to hit ebay, Mrs to get the Supercopa as her daily drive.

Now - what I need from you guys is a shopping list of what to buy for the Leon first !! I've already got the R222 carnauba wax (awesome stuff), and other decent cleaning stuff as I cancelled the Autoglym LifeShine (£300 ?????) but need to protect the interior from the kids with something like Scotch Guard.

Radders Shopping List:-

• Black front Grille
    • Interior protection

2. mhill

Please tell me it didn't come from the robbing B@stards at Miller & Middleton!? (To clarify the above title is justified, back in March 2009 mine + 2 other cars where stole from the site)
    So the M3 is going?! What done it for you in the end?

3. S3 AKR

Nope not M&M. I've no issue with them personally, but the deal I got was awesome from Grants of Braintree.

The M3 was due a big service, more rear tyres, and was getting towards ridiculous for the fuel consumption as we're doing a lot of "family" miles at the moment at an average of 21mpg on long motorway trips. The killer was a Manchester trip that did £85 to get there and £85 to get back. After 18 months, 12000 miles, 2 sets of rear tyres, 1x£400 service, and about £4100 of super-unleaded it feels like the right time !!

4. S3 AKR

The Supercopa arrived at the dealership today. Picking it up on Thursday am after the pdi etc tomorrow.

5. chuckb

chuckb Mo bark n' Mo grunt

Have a look at what I got for mine, if you want I can post up some pictures on here. Last thing to do on mine is the re map which is being done this Saturday.

6. mhill

So.....

7. S3 AKR

OK - its been a while without update as I have been having a couple of issues with the car and the quality of the finish. I'll update once its resolved and I can't comment too much right now as I may need to take the matter further if not resolved to my complete satisfaction. I am working with the supplying dealership and expect it to get things sorted without having to go that far.

8. Jarre

Jarre Active Member

good luck, you'll need it.

If it makes things seem any better my parents took delivery of their new cayenne yesterday that they've waited 5 months for. It is missing the heated multi function steering wheel they have paid for, and it's clearly on their order sheet. This part is not retrofittable either. The garage is currently having a 'think'. There's only one option - order them a new car!
    The dealer claim its the factory's fault. My issue is that the salesman went in on his day off on friday to do the pre vehicle checks on it, and didn't realise that part was not fitted to the car!