New SEAT Arona owner to be

Dunkelmann

Apr 14, 2018
Muxton, Shropshire
I love forums. I tend to ask questions and lurk.

I've had a VW Derby (Polo with a boot in the mid 1980s), but that is the only VAG car I have had. My daughter has a Skoda Fabia SEL that I love to drive. I like the simplicity of the dashboard on it and the Arona.

I currently have a Kia Cee'd diesel, but I've fallen out of liking for it. I won't miss the unreadable dash text in red, the awful steaming up in damp weather, the very low bite clutch, the uncomfortable seats and low seating position, the doors that try to take your leg off by surprise, the faulty DRLs that Kia won't recall, the hate the government has for diesels, having to charge it every winter week because of the poorly designed Stop Start system.

I will miss the 7 year warranty and the sport/normal/comfort settings of the assisted steering.

I loved the Arona. Seeing it was based on the Ibiza, I was surprised that the Ibiza didn't have an option for the 115 PS 1 litre I wanted.

I think SEAT are on a winner (Arona winner get it?) with the Arona. It hits the spot for my age group, that in the old days used to get satisfied by quality smallish cars with reasonable performance but a comfortable seating position for ageing bodies. I looked at the Kia Venga and Hyundai ix20 but they were a little too small and under powered. The Ateca, Sportage and their ilk are like buses, too big and too high for a couple of retirees who just need a few suitcases and the weekly shop to fit the boot.

How's that m0rk?

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Welcome to the site, nice car and when you get some time we always like pics so that we can see what you have got.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise