New Seat Ibiza Formula Sport owner...well kinda lol

ander

Right i was originally a member on here as i was looking to buy a Seat Leon FR. In the end i opted for another car from the VAG range which i am really impressed with, but i'll not bore you with that as its not a Seat.
My brother today put a deposit down on the Ibiza Formula Sport 1.4 100bhp. He opted for a red car. I saw a red ibiza on the road the other day and i have to say i thought it looked really cool.
Has any one else got the above car?
I heard they are meant to be limited edition, is this true? He paid £8500 for the car, i've looked about and it seems pretty reasonable but he is a stubborn little git and can't tell him anything! He only been looking since saturday!
Also do you think he went with the right car? He is only 19 and with an accident already on his insurance he is wanting to keep it quite low. I just hope its a step up from the clio he had before. :banned:

Think i'll get him the cupra front splitter for christmas and maybe chrome wing mirror covers as i'm not sure if it comes with them.

T. Spark

Hello,

First off, great choice in car and colour on your brothers behalf! Red is fastiest :)

The 1.4 100bhp Ibiza is a nice little car, revs higher, and has a little more poke than the 75bhp version. Its not super quick so should be ok for insurance and being a young 'un.

As far as him only being 19, well I was only 18 when I had my 180bhp Ibiza, and im sure Rash will pipe up, but he was around the same age, when he got his Cupra. I personally found with the added power I had, I didnt need to show off at every set of lights like the little 1.2 crew, and became a better driver.

LCR splitter is a must mod and im sure he will love it. I personally wouldnt go for the wing mirrors, as I believe the FS Ibiza comes with colour coded jobbies which imho will look alot better :)

ander

Thanks for the tips, well last year he was planning on getting a much quicker car but with his accident in it, it has pushed his insurance right up. Someone drove in the side of the car a few weeks ago when parked in the street and its just been fixed so he's decided its just too unlucky!
Hopefully the seat will be better for him :)

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
yeah the 1.4 is a good choice, the splitter is a great lil mod, still waiting to get one for mine! I think chrome mirrors look a bit off, if anything i would get the black wing mirrors from the cupra...ad lav on here has that done iirc.

i got my FR when i was 19....i had a 1.2 8v clio before :D

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
most insurance companys these days wont touch anyone under 19 on a 130 :( unfortunatly for me lol. But the 1.4 as good a choice it is I would personaly have went for the pd100 fair enough its a bit more expensive new.

phil_monk

Aug 19, 2007
I got insurance on my old car 150BHP when i was 18 with no problems. it just depends where you go.

i saw the FS 100 at MK seat when i was ordering my car. looked like a good car for the money. And you got it in the best color :)

Jille

hmm, sounds almost as good as the yellow 1.4 16V 100BHP ;-)
no, just joking, this is a pretty good car.

Funny, this is the third topic in a few days about this specific Beeza

ander

From what i am aware of it comes with them. Am not 100% though.

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
well i have a yellow seat ibiza formula sport on a 57 :) and luv it to bits n the speed isn't great but im 17 and i'm only paying 860 on insurance, fully comp.. but as for the price.. u may not like to hear it but 8,500 is well over what i payed.. lol from a garage called perrys of aylesbury i payed £7,795 in september.. i think this was to get there sales up as i just checked there website n its now gone back up to 8500.. but its a great car n still a good price but tell im not to expect to beet anything in a race lol

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
o and yea they do come with honey comb grills and pre face lift fr alloys :) looks good bar the facked i had an 05 plate fr race me off the line i just looked at it n thought is it even worth trying lol

ander

He could get insured on one but it would cost a fortune as he had a crash last year.
TBH i think he would rather spend his money on other stuff like clothes, going out etc
I don't really blame him. He's got years untill he can afford a high insurance group car.
I've helped him look around for quotes and we have done practically every company possible and its still coming out at over a grand!
He works for Nissan so i think he'll be keeping this untill he can get a 350z through the car scheme they do where you pay so much a month and get the car and insurance all together. It works our pretty cheap but you gotta be a certain age to get the 350z.

oli_c

I got my pd130 when I was 17 and insurance on my own policy was around £1400 with elephant. When I had it remapped however, it went up to around £1700.

ander

My brother went to pick the car up yesterday after work.
When he got there they told him the car hadn't even been delivered! My dad went down the day before to give them my bro's insurance details so they could sort his tax out and the salesman told him the car was out the back ready for him to pick up on tuesday.
So my dad rang the manager last night to complain so should be getting a free service or something along those lines. Is still a clart on though!

Apr 27, 2008
i have got a seat ibiza 1.4 formula sport 2007 and was wanting to buy an air induction kit for it does anyone no where i can get one from off the internet?

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
yeh i got a k&n indauction kit in but its coming out today for me to continue my little experiment im conducting lol. im checking to see how much fuel is consumed with a half tank with the kit on and then again with the kit off, because my fuel consumtion isnt even funny its costing me a bomb, and its only a 1.2, so fuel light came on today so time for the change over, im not selling the kit but i picked it up on ebay at a really good price, just goota shop about, (bobthecod) are u on ur parents insurance or are you £850 on your own, because im about £1000 but thats as a named driver, im just turning 18, and who are you with for insurance?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.