New Seat Ibiza Formula Sport owner...well kinda lol

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
flegz16 if u pull the engine cover off measure the throttle body at the back and then just buy something with that diameter mine was easy had one sat in the garare :) lol

and yea im a named driver turned 18 last november.. but now i have 5 points n a accident against my name so its now 1200 lol aint bad still tho n its direct line.. because with my mum on the policy i get discount :) (because she works for them)

Last edited:

whittle123

speed demon :P
Sep 1, 2007
silloth, cumbria
Flegz16 you dont wanna a K&N induction kit on ya formula sport! the best induction kit in my opinion is the BMC CDA. search them out on google and they do one for you car because i have one on my formula sport easy to fit aswell. plus they make a great noise and seem to give a better throttle response and bhp.

if you wanna check out a pic of it on my car then visit the link below, i have recently taken the metal bar attached to the top of the air filter off because it's really not needed and jus made a squeeky niose but now it is off evrything is great!!!

the link:
http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.j...64&PhotoAlbumId=2772099379&PhotoId=7081904103

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
yea nice induction kit.. but 170?? not affordable for me.. urs looks smart but i would say no to the lexus lights.. i'd get shot, if anything fk do nice black ones.. definatly the way forword on a black car, o yea added u as a friend aswell lol

Poverty

The BMC induction kit actually is proven on here to add BHP to the 1.4, not sure the KN one does.

My insurance this year at 19 with 1 yrs NCB is £1400. Oh the joys of having a crap postcode.

Poverty

:lol: im 20 mate 21 this year, im paying 1300 on a 1.2 12v thanks to CRAPPY LONDON POSTCODES :ban:

Yeah us south east london boys are all getting raped. Down know why all the chavvy essex ect boy racers get much cheaper insurance when statistically they are in more smash ups and fatal accidents.

Apr 27, 2008
cheers whittle123 thats a big help. i have just been on the motorsport world website and iv found them. can you tell us witch one you bought because theres two seat ibiza 1.4 16v induction kits, is it the one with the quick code 321B3? a just want to be shore because its alot of money to spend for it to be wrong.

Timm

Feb 25, 2008
Notts
i got a brand new FS about a month ago and only just turning 18 its a good car! but having it this long i now want a TDI or a Cupra (you know how it goes) lol but yeah i got mine in Black Magic and haven't looked back since apart from cleaning it ALL THE TIME! lol

RachIbiza

Jeremy Kyle is my idol
Apr 3, 2008
Portsmouth
Yeah us south east london boys are all getting raped. Down know why all the chavvy essex ect boy racers get much cheaper insurance when statistically they are in more smash ups and fatal accidents.

coz speaking from experience most of them aint insured or have licences so it never gets back to any insurance companies haha

whittle123

speed demon :P
Sep 1, 2007
silloth, cumbria
hi flegz16,no i ordered the quick code 321b6, the product code being: CDA70-130-209. the quick code you looked at was for the ibiza mk2 or 3 make sure you specify your exact car on the order form and you will be fine.. good look im sure you'll enjoy it! you'll av to post some pics up and let ez know what ya think when ya get it??

also bobthecod you said before bowt fk doing black back lights does any1 on the forum have a pic of these lights on a black mk4 ibiza? thanks!

Last edited:

Imran

MrMush=)
Oct 4, 2007
Belfast
do you think i could get insurance on a 1.9 TDI FR im 17 u see
i just thought id sey because everybody was saying how they got cars 150 and 180bhp when they were 18 ?

bertrum

My insurance on my Formala Sport is quite reasonable. Started this policy with a 1.2s paying £1200, then the amendment mid-policy put it up to £1400 (thats with 3 points too). Then in december I wrote it off :(. However, in march i found myself another and my insurance renewal is going to be cheaper than what i'm paying now (£1100)!!! I'm 19 btw!

I've put a K&N on mine (had one laying around at home from brothers old leon 1.6 16v before he got a CDA) and it does feel a bit quicker and it roars! The engine bay looks a bit 'naked' without the engine cover so want to put it back on, but not going to go back to stock intake so thinking to modify it and allow a CDA or possible Green Forced Air Kit (ABPA019) on it (a bit expensive tho!)

Anybody else find the "pea-shooter" a must change?

Fleggy

Jul 22, 2007
Teesside
my insurance is ridiculous I'll be 20 in august when my insurance needs renewing it will be the first time on my own insurance, at the minute I'm a named driver which is costing around £500 when i go on my own the cheapest i can get it for is around £900 and thats in a Ibiza 1.9TDi 100bhp and my sister has the 1.4 FS and has had 2 accidents on her insurance and is 21 and I've had no accidents yet her's is still cheaper. Figure that one out:confused:

Also flegz16 just get a green cotton panel filter and the PD160 intake pipe much cheaper.

bertrum

The formula sport panel filter and intake is within the engine cover, unlike the diesels - have a look at your sisters, intake is at the front right of the cover, so PD160 intake pipe wouldn't help unfortunately... unless K&N or other cone filter and cover removed. Green panel filter would help, but there is still heavy restriction on air flow through the engine cover.

About her insurance... it's because she's a lady, and ladies are bett....wait, erm.. "more sensible" and "lower risk" drivers.... putting my gf on my insurance is going to bring it down £150!

woza135

BEEZA OF LUST
Mar 16, 2008
Crawley W-Sussex
i also have a formula sport in red and im 19 and i love it. Care 4 it a little 2 much always clean n neva a mark on it. It wont fit if u get the same as the 1.2. I have looked everywhere for an induction kit but because the air filter is incorporated in the engine cover i dont think they will make 1, although i fink you can get a k&n filter. How do i get a front splitter for my ibiza and how easy r they 2 put on?

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
front splitter, ebay or dealers, slight modifation needed but i hear its not that hard, i will likely be facing the task later on today

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.