m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
265 hp 2.0 TSI engine, the most potent production powerplant in SEAT's history
Impressive looks with the styling of a thoroughbred competition vehicle
Excellent dynamic performance via the electronic self-blocking XDS mechanism

Following a very successful debut at the recent Frankfurt Motor Show, the new Leon CUPRA R is about to go on sale. Equipped with a new 265 hp engine, it instantly becomes the brand's most powerful production car to date, earning a special chapter in SEAT's history in the process.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Last edited by a moderator:

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
Quite like the look of that!

Have read elsewhere that it will have a price of less than £20K - if true that's a proper bargain although I'd be more tempted to believe around £23K to be more accurate.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
yer, really well specced...i'd imagine around the £23k mark also

a pitty they mention how it boasts a sportier image than that of the CUPRA it's based on...kinda looks EXACTLY the same, i say stick the BTCC front and rear bumpers on and will improve the looks greatly (although not sure they'll fit the facelifts) :confused:

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
yer, really well specced...i'd imagine around the £23k mark also

a pitty they mention how it boasts a sportier image than that of the CUPRA it's based on...kinda looks EXACTLY the same, i say stick the BTCC front and rear bumpers on and will improve the looks greatly (although not sure they'll fit the facelifts) :confused:

Ifran told me there would be an option for k1 bodykit on the new cupra r which would be nice

Leonidas

easy really

K1 bumper is only able to fit the Mk2 pre facelift Leon's

Cupra R is a Mk2 facelift Leon & has new parts that demand a new bumper.

Well there is a new(ish) bodykit so Im sure it'll go on the new R

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Same ARB as the Cupra, but 30% stiffer springs & 19" wheels - the handling won't be identical... but will be f'ing harsh!

I dunno I was just quoting Tarquini (in the link above) who said it was basically the same handling as the cupra.

Surely the cupra handles better than the vxr???

Probably, but the VXR has better headline figures (even though we all know it'll be crap) and the focus and meganne are better handling and faster, not to mention the type R white. There are so many decent cars entering this space that I can't help but think this LCR is too little too late. SEAT is losing the plot. Where is the hardcore version?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Closest hope we have of a proper hardcore hot hatch in the VAG range is if Audi miraculously launch the highly anticipated (in the Audi community) but strangely elusive RS3. Now the Cupra R and Golf R / Scirocco R are rimming the S3 for performance they might decide to give the S3 a few BHP hike as a final swansong, but it will still be limp compared to some of the newbies.

Some say there will never be an RS3, others say it will come after the 2010 facelift. Some speculate it could come in the 8P (current) model. Considering there have been no tasters at Motor Shows I say its doubtful.

VAG are so busy slotting environ-'Mental' models into the range that I think it's unlikely they are going to get some focus, smell the roses, and join the hyperhatch party any time soon :censored:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise