New SEAT Leon Cupra Pricing confirmed for 240PS

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Now looking at mazda 3 MPS, 250bhp and LSD, half leather etc.

RRP about £18500 and very limited production run.

Should be good, pitty it does not have 4 pot brakes, they do look good

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
Now looking at mazda 3 MPS, 250bhp and LSD, half leather etc.

RRP about £18500 and very limited production run.

Should be good, pitty it does not have 4 pot brakes, they do look good

I did try Mazda3 MPS the same day I tried Leon FR. That was when I realized horsepowers is not all the car needs. Mazda3 MPS is not fun to drive and it has a cheep feel about everything :thumbd:

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Not due for anothe rmonth in the UK:cry:

Suprised it was a poor drive as ame base as the focus????

Probably still better handling and traction than our lasses LCR that it may replace.

I'm stillnot sure of the styling of the new Leon and the fact the Cupra is the same as the FR (but painted differently)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Possibility is high. I think they may use the show as the official UK launch, seems to make sense with it being what SEAT wan to call their road going Supercopa/Touring Car.

They had one down at Southampton this weekend too, so I would guess they will run it upto the NEC.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Finger crossed for friday then will at last be able to have a opinion based on fact LOL

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
I'm stillnot sure of the styling of the new Leon and the fact the Cupra is the same as the FR (but painted differently)

I'm selling my Audi A3 3.2. V6 DSG Quatro to get a Seat Cupra. I'm bored with the kind of smooth driving exprience it gives. The DSG is the best atomatic gear there is, but never should they put one one a racing car... it's booring.

Audi S3 would be interesting, but I will try Cupra for a year or two. I need something that is not that civilized, if you know what I mean.

I order the Cupra with the aero kit. The same as in these pictures but black and without the top spoiler.

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=11312

There is not that much of the same in Cupra and FR, if go in to detail.

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
That is what the cupra should look like but SEAT UK are giving this away with the 2.0 deisels???? I saw it at th autosport show last lyear and had great hopes for the cupra but they were destroyed witht he FR and now the Cupra leaflets.

I will the kit allow enough cooling through or is it modified for the Cupra?

Re the difference on the cupra and the FR, the styling looks almost if not identicle, what are the differences (if I have missed them)

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
Saw the cupra (press model) was far rom impressed so bought a forge dump valve and will send some money on the LCR .

Very disapointed with SEAT's efforts or lack of them IMHO

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
lcr or new cupra/or a modded fr?

need some advice cos i cant decide what to do.currently got lcr 225.I ordered new cupra in december thinking it was gonna b a great car,but i gotta say im not sure it is worth the £19,500.Why is the styling kit not standard?its to similar to the fr with a big price difference.So i dont know if i should keep the lcr or even get the fr 2.0t with a kit and mod it.......????????

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No one can make the choice for you. You have to decide for yourself.

I wasn't expecting any differences from the car i saw over 6 months ago, I ordered it on the basis of how it looks. I like the look of the Mk2. I'd happilly have an FR or a TFSi.

But i'd rather have the looks of the FR or TFSi with the 240PS performance and the 300hp tuned potential of the Cupra.

The Aero kit does very little for me, it reminds me of a bottom feeder, just my opinion of course. But the only aspects that kit has going for it, is the skirts and possibly the rear wing, the rest i'd rather not be on my car.

I'm also keen not to have a car that screams, look at me, steal me, mug me take my car. And if the Cupra looks a little plain jane, thats fine by me, as long as it goes like a scalded cat.

alffi

Jan 8, 2007
need some advice cos i cant decide what to do.currently got lcr 225.I ordered new cupra in december thinking it was gonna b a great car,but i gotta say im not sure it is worth the £19,500.Why is the styling kit not standard?its to similar to the fr with a big price difference.So i dont know if i should keep the lcr or even get the fr 2.0t with a kit and mod it.......????????

I did order my Cupra a week ago. I have an Audi A3 3.2. V6 DGS Quatro and I can not tell you how excited I am to get the Cupra. If you ask me “why?” I tell you that DSG or any other automatic gear should never be used on a truly sporty car. You do not get the feel of racing with any automatic gear. The other obvious reason is how much gas it sucks. The only thing I will miss is four wheel drive. I would never ever buy a VW, like Golf. I do not like the image or the look on the VW cars.

FR vs Cupra. Do you really need to ask? Personally I take it just because it’s the fastest Seat on the market, but there are many other reasons too. It’s in the details. Cupra is in my eyes more “grown up”. I did think about how I would feel sitting in a Cupra vs. FR. I did test drive FR a few times and did like it. But I could not live with the idea that I drive a FR and one day meet a Cupra that beats me just like that. When you think about 0-62mph in 7,3 vs 6,4 there IS a different. Then again, the Cupra engine is the best 2l engine on the market. The same as S3 and can easily be chipped up to get over 300 horse powers and go from 0-62mph in 5,x seconds. I love that idea.

The front bumper is bigger on Cupra. The driving seats, black interior, the wheels, breaks, gear stick, ch…. Duh! You know all this if you truly have looked in to this. It’s not the same car, at all. From my point of view there are billion reasons why to pay a little extra for the Cupra. If you truly want to look different, then you buy a body kit that tailor maid or one that is not available on every tuning store.

Read every page on this:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cf...ry/gcf/lang/eng/seat/seat-leon-cupra-in-depth

Last edited:

k4ith

Goodson!
Sep 3, 2006
West Lothian
19.5k thats a reasonable price i have to say, imagine you will be able to get a disc after the launch date too, if i didn't have the lad and quiting my job i would consider it to having drove the FR.

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
thanks,you gave me the kick up the ass i needed.After reading your reply and looking at the site in alffi"s post i was crazy to think about cancelin my order.......fingers crossed for 1st week in march....thanks again....

Dennis

Polisher
May 11, 2005
How much bigger is the cupra bumper compaired to the FR, looked idetical to me but there again there may be an extra inch that your eye wont detect unless at the side of an FR????

Still keeping the LCR

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise