New SEAT Leon CUPRA R to debut at Frankfurt Motorshow

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The CUPRA R returns!

SEAT is beginning the second half of the year with the same punch as it ended the first half, keeping up with the launch of new products that are making the Spanish brand's range the freshest and youngest on the market.

Read more at SEATCupra.net...

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Not liking the Stuck on Front "R", but everything else looks good. Same suspension then? Those Seats are sex...

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
the 1M Cupra R in the looks department was and stiil is a stunner.
it has intimidating predator looks like its won the race even before its started.
lets see what this 1P Cupra R looks looks like in the flesh.
these pictures dont tickle my fancy and wont reall scare anyone.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
For me it still looks too similar to the cupra and fr. In a perfect world the fr cupra and cupra r would all have their own distinctive bumpers, not just the same bumper with a few extra black bits. Compared to the mk1 this isn't As visually stricking IMO. Having said all that it's still a fantastic looking car!

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
For me it still looks too similar to the cupra and fr. In a perfect world the fr cupra and cupra r would all have their own distinctive bumpers, not just the same bumper with a few extra black bits. Compared to the mk1 this isn't As visually stricking IMO. Having said all that it's still a fantastic looking car!

Gotta agree, styling wise, they have hardly "pushed the boundaries"

Looks pretty similar to the standard Cupra, disappointing

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yep needs some new bumpers

The colour also doesnt do it any justice as a hot hatch , Red or Yellow is needed

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I didnt think they would ever do an R version of the mk2
Have to say though disappointed in the similarities between the look of this an the cupra, to the untrained eye you probably wouldnt notice
A last sporty stab for the mk2 before its retired but i would rather wait to see what replaces it

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
I can remember speculating the return of the Cupra R in the "other" forum some time ago only to be told that it would never happen. It's nice to be vindicated...

Anyway, still like the shape of the mk2 but my god, they could have gone a bit further than just sticking on two "R" badges and calling it a day (19 inch wheels aside). That said, I think I'll reserve judgment until someone road tests it...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members