New shiny tank in engine bay

As some of you may know I had a temporay oil catch tank in my engine bay which ended up being in for longer then 6months. It was a beautiful coca cola bottle but unfortunately it wasnt exactly bling and needed constant emptying.

But now it has all changed with a trip to Fusion Fabrication

Fusion Fabrication
Tel 07879 648 628 workshops 01759 373600
www.fusionfabrication.com

aaz.jpg

aba.jpg

abb.jpg

abc.jpg

abd.jpg

abe.jpg

On an observation,
Yes my engine bay needs steam cleaning
Yes my engine bay and under the bonnet has yet to be sprayed :)

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
could you show me a pic of how the coke bottle did it cos i could fabricate one at uni and have it polished or something. is it worth it on a 1.4 or is it utterly pointless... sorry i forgot to look at what engine yours was before i started typing this but pics of the bottle would be cool so i could get an idea of how its meant to work.
cheers

Didnt take any pics of it unfortunately but basically;

x1 Coke bottle
x1 oil breather
x1 pipe

Remove contents of coke bottle ;) remove lid. Fit one end of pipe onto top of bottle and oil breather on the other end. Make an incision towards the top on the side of the bottle. Place oil breather pipe from engine into side of bottle. Now tape all pipe to bottle to ensure good fit. Stick bottle where ever it is safe and tie up with what ever means neccessary.

Oil wil now flow up oil breather pipe, drop into bottle and be caught. Oil breather can still breather due to the top pipe allowing air in. Once bottle is full, empty and reattach which ever pipe u took off to empty. Re-tie up where it was.

It was useful to me as due to some reason oil would come out the oil breather when I was giving it some right foot. However it wouldnt do it under normal driving. Heard of others having the same problem, engine runs and starts fine so I had one made up to solve an oily engine bay. Coke bottle worked fine just looked crap and would need emptying every few months. Was a 500ml coke bottle.

I am sure someone more technical could explain how the properties in an actual oil catch tank.

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
always in there for a deal ;)
much appreciated tho, although i cant afford anything at the moment. ask the fella that gave the description of the coke bottle and then put a thread up. youll probably get a bit of interest :)

thanks surcc... for that ill make my own more pro looking one when i can. ill use something other than a coke bottle and something shinny so it wont look so bodged, but will follow the basics about it. and i understand fully what it does now, i wasnt sure what to do wiith the old oil but i guess from what u said you just throw it away.

cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.