New Sony Head Unit, Fuzzy small speakers (tweeters?)

DGarfield

I recently replaced the standard head unit with a new Sony one (Sony MEXBT3900U) and a few weeks later, all four small speakers (I think they are called tweeters?? - the small ones at the top of each door) seem to be randomly making distorted/fuzzy/white noise kind of sounds, it started with just the front driver side now it is both back left and right and front left and right. The noise gets louder when I turn the music up.

Is this because the speakers weren't good enough to handle the new head unit or something?

Any idea's would be appreciated, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to car speakers so please bare with me!

Thanks

tayloricedesign

No, you may want to check that the speakers cable block (the cable you plug into the back of the head unit) is in properly as it sounds like its either a loose connection or its getting interference from somewhere.

I would check the speaker connector first.

dgjdrummer

Part-timer
Nov 5, 2011
Wrexham, N. Wales
As said, check the connection first, both at the HU end and speaker end.

If the connections are ok then the speakers may have blown, which would mean the sound will still be there even at lowish volumes and you may need to look at new component speakers as the woofer units won't be far behind.

nd-photo.nl

Mar 6, 2012
The Netherlands
www.nd-photo.nl
Always replace the door speakers with a matching composet. I opted for MTX T6S-652 speakers which I am very happy with. The tweeters are thicker than the standard units, so you will have to use some tape or glue. The woofers fit in nicely, you can als opt for some dynamat or other absorbant material for better bass and less drone while you're at it

Good luck!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise