New Sportrider owner needs a sensecheck

Apr 13, 2020
Hello,

I am new to the forum so please be gentle. I have recently bought a 2012 Seat Ibiza (6J) 1.6 TDI Sportrider with 90k miles from a local dealer. I have a couple of questions please...

1. Heat - The car has been fitted with a new turbo after some issues with it before purchase. Went on a motorway drive to the supermarket yesterday which was about 1hr round trip so plenty of time for the car to get warm. When i arrived home, i opened the bonnet to have a look and the sheer temperature inside there was immense. It was coming from the bulkhead where I'm guessing the DPF was regenerating?..would this cause the heat and there's nothing to worry about?

2. Keys - I have only one key with the car which is the 3-button flip key. I wanted to get a spare but only to operate the doors, are they called a blade key? Whats the best way of going about getting one of these and how much should i expect to pay please?

3. Tapping - During acceleration i can hear a light tapping sound which isnt present when the foot is off the acc pedal, is this just tappets that can be adjusted?

I think that will do for now. There's nothing much else and the I love the car, just want to make sure that i can enjoy it and not worry about the things above

Thank you again for your help and stay safe

Lee

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Sorry to bump this but I really need some advice on point 1
Its normal if you did open the bonnet right after driving. The turbocharger gets extremely hot.
If you are still worried about it or if you suspect something is wrong, get a cheap bluetooth obd device, download torque and monitor the temperature of coolant, cat, dpf while driving

Reactions: johnsto34
Apr 13, 2020
Its normal if you did open the bonnet right after driving. The turbocharger gets extremely hot.
If you are still worried about it or if you suspect something is wrong, get a cheap bluetooth obd device, download torque and monitor the temperature of coolant, cat, dpf while driving

Thanks vtxracer. Ive been looking at getting a HEX+CAN lead actually.

Thank you so much for your help vtxtracer. Its just worryingly hot under there but maybe im just not used to it. Do you have any suggestions on a HEX+CAN cable?

vtxracer

Jul 25, 2009
Greece
Thanks vtxracer. Ive been looking at getting a HEX+CAN lead actually.

Thank you so much for your help vtxtracer. Its just worryingly hot under there but maybe im just not used to it. Do you have any suggestions on a HEX+CAN cable?

Every vcds you will find on the internet is a clone, so don't overpay ! Don't worry about getting the latest version. If shipping time and customs are not an issue, order from china. The Atmega162 chip i think is the recommended one

Dec 6, 2020
Sorry ... old thread but did you ever fix the tapping uner acceleration issue? As mine is also doing the same :(

Apr 13, 2020
Sorry ... old thread but did you ever fix the tapping uner acceleration issue? As mine is also doing the same :(

I didnt 'sort' it per se. I just put it down to tappets really. My local dealer bought the car back from me to settle a dispute i had with them regarding problems with the car anyway (point 1 in my original post that was turbo related) so i dont own it anymore. Sorry i cant help

Dec 6, 2020
Ahhh no worries, thanks for the reply though :) ... the hunt for answers continues haha