New stage 1 map

Mechtech

Nov 14, 2017
Hi all, recently I had my cupra remapped to stage one , no supporting mods except decat. On the rollers my car made 306hp but 340 ft lbs of torque , to say it shifts would be an understatement , now my cars on 60 k atm just wondering what the likelihood is of my clutch dying soon , also is this figure atypical of a stage one map , seems high in the torque department . Searched plenty of posts and seen a lot of people running original clutches etc, but no real set figure for the torque capabilities of the stock clutch .

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Mechtech

Nov 14, 2017
Storm developments mapped it , decat is the only modification to the car but it wasn’t actually decatted when mapped . Ran it down pod at the weekend though and no clutch slip as yet , just worried such high torque figure may kill turbo and or engine ?

Cheers

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
Won't harm the turbo, will cause premature engine wear (all remaps do to a degree), will definitely kill the clutch - especially if drag racing is your thing.

Would definitely be good idea to inspect the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump to see what condition it's in as that's well known to suffer accelerated wear on remapped engines.

Seems a little higher than some other stage 1 maps for the Cupra but not excessively so. I think Revo quote their stage 1 for the Cupra as up to 333 lb-ft for example.

Mechtech

Nov 14, 2017
Only did one run at the weekend and it held out , lad I was with and got his mapped same day ttRS burnt out on the first run though so hopefully if I’m careful on road can get a bit of life out of it , I replaced the follower about 1k ago so that should be good for now , just keeping my eye out for a clutch for when it inevitably lets go. Just thought the torque output of mine was a lot higher than a lot of cars even running 350hp plus , I’ll see how I get on I guess!

Cheers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise