New to my SEAT Ibiza, running into a few issues.

Leightonw87

Dec 24, 2018
I recently bought myself a 2003 Ibiza, I knew to expect some issues when I bought it but I'm hoping I haven't made a mistake as I've grown to love this car after just a week.

When I got the car I never knew about the most of the issues I'm going to list and I was a bit stupid, never had a in-depth look over the car as it was very wet at the time, I was picked up by the owner of the car and was pretty desperate for a runaround as I'd been messed around before by other sellers.

The first issue I would like to get sorted as I feel it's the easiest would be a leak in the boot on both sides, I believe water is leaking in near the lights on both sides, is this common and how would I go about fixing it.

Second it one of the rear passenger door is jammed, it does look like someone in the past tried forcing it open before to try and open it, when I had it I never heard the motor but yesterday I heard it a number of times but it sounds rough. Worst thing is the child lock is stuck on so inner handle does nothing. My local garage trusted garage would look at it if I get the lock mech but would really like to save the money and figure it out myself.

Third I only just noticed is the speedometer is showing the speed lower than it actually is and could have lead to me getting speeding tickets if I had not noticed. Would this be a dealer job or can this be remedied another way, there are also bulbs out on the dash too so would be easier to get it sorted in one go.

The car itself drives like a dream compared to my last car BTW which was a diesel Peugeot 307 SW, I began to loath that car and got shot of it once it failed it's MOT.

I just love the simplicity of the car and being able to reach most places from the drivers position.

Leightonw87

Dec 24, 2018
one other issue I forgot to say about was the horn doesn't work, when I press the button it does nothing and I can't hear a relay click. I heard this can be quite common due to it's location but I've not managed to find the exact location.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise