New to the forum, from the south

dub17

Mar 26, 2012
Well im looking to buy a Seat Ibiza Cupra mk3 this weekend or next, its just looking to get the right one, dont fancy rushing at the first one i see that seems a good offer at the time but turns out to be an absoloute shed.

Last month i sold my Mk2 Golf Gti 16v in monza blue as it was rotting, ****ed grearbox and really terrible electrical faults, i had it for almost 2years, (dunno how i put up with it for that long!) but it was my pride and joy, taking it to a few volkswagen shows i camp at each year.

Previous to the golf i had a 1.4 6n polo in white, i baught that standard and got it looking nice and smart, had that for a year or so, its where my passion for all things dub began.

So the plan for getting the Cupra is to get hold of one with stage one already done, then just build my way upto stage 2 and onwards, learning more as i go along.
I've already been reading everything i possibally can about the 1.8T, having never owned or driven a Turbo car, its all very new to me.
I like to think i have a basic understanding of it all now after spending countless hours on here reading my way through hundreds of threads from N249 bypassing to K03s hybrids.

Anyway i've bored you enough, hope to speak to ya soon.

Dale.

dub17

Mar 26, 2012
Thanks, yeah i think they are the best looking out of the lot in my opinion, coupled with a superb engine, its just so much car for the money, ticks all the boxes really..

Yeah not too far diffeent fom me i guess, alough the mk2 golf was a year older than me at 23! Im in West Sussex, my insurance should be around about 800 for the year, thats with 3 years no claims, will find out soon, dont get my extra year no claims until a few weeks yet and they said something about not being able to do it until a couple weeks before.

dub17

Mar 26, 2012
got my car home today, but after 140miles it broke and went into limp mode..
i made a thread about what happend exactly, but you will have to click my name and look at my posts to view it as i cant post urls until i have a 15post count..

Last edited: