New to this! (saxo owner)

Deeeee

Apr 4, 2012
Newcastle
Alright guys and gals,

Basically i've been looking at Seats for the past month or so! I'm really stuck between a few options which will be:

Ibiza Cupra TDI 160
Ibiza FR TDI PD130 (as apparently they're more tuneable)
Leon Cupra TDI

OR

Ibiza FR 20v T

Looking more towards the diesels due to the reliability of them, fuel consumption, road tax costs and tune ability.

But i'm liking the thought of a petrol but have no idea what the FR's are like for tuning

So basically i was hoping for a bit of advice/recommendations etc for running costs, reliability and tune ability

Any help will be much appreciated!

Cheers Dee

both engines are highly tunable. all depends on how deep your wallet is really. reliability wise both engines are very reliable if serviced properly and regular. in my own experience (not sure if it applys to seats) when something goes wrong the diesel is double the cost for parts. dont know why just was on my bmw 330d compared to a 330i :(
however the main difference is running costs. road tax and fuel consumption will be cheaper on the diesel but if thats not a issue and you want a pocket rocket then id go for the 20vt.

Deeeee

Apr 4, 2012
Newcastle
Cheers aaron, visited a seat dealer the other day and nearly persuaded me into buying a 12 plate ibiza FR 1.2 TSI but decided against it as i want something faster and more economical than my current car.

Any other advice would be much appreciated