New Toledo Owner

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
Sam, how much power would you say is the maximum you can get from a 1.8 20V NA engine without spending stupid money on massive turbos etc.? Maybe chipping, improving airflow etc.. I'm guessing you can't get massive abouts of power from them. What increase in power would a suerchip type thing give me?

dan83's right about your old tolly. Looks just perfect. Good colour too.

dan83

Dam my mates are taking the mick cuz I wana pimp my car lol, I'm having second thoughts about a spoiler and body kit now. I think I might just get the brembo brakes and the lower springs, then remap it and get some new wheels lol. It's slightly lower anyway I think cuz it's a sport version is that right? Any1 have problems with crap roads and speed bumps when lowering their tolly's?

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
Anyway, it depends what type of pimping you do. If it's gonna look like a nova pimped by a 17 year old, then your mates are right. :lol:
Make it look classy, not OTT.

I wanna make mine look standard but 'somehow different'. :whistle:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
just a leon kit...
cupra bumper and side skirts with seat sport spoiler. i just got the rear bumper colour coded thats all... There wasnt any rear bumpers/skirts that i liked the look of..so just got all the black bits sprayed!
would have done the side strips if i kept it!

dan83

lol rk696 ye I am not looking for anything extravagant, I might still get the leon kit for it.

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
I'm gonna be looking for somefink like that. Sam, how much was your cupra bumper and all the bits to fit it? Guess it would be expensive from SEAT.

How easy was it to fit? Was it a bit of a bodge job? I'm guessing apart from the guide runners ands arch extenders it just goes straight on.

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
I'm gonna be looking for somefink like that. Sam, how much was your cupra bumper and all the bits to fit it? Guess it would be expensive from SEAT.

How easy was it to fit? Was it a bit of a bodge job? I'm guessing apart from the guide runners ands arch extenders it just goes straight on.

Been discussing with the old boy........answer to a question about increasing the bhp....hmmm........not a lot new exhaust, induction kit maybe 10bhp if lucky i reckon........a garage would be able to give you a better idea....but DEFFOOOO your fuel economy will suck even more that regular....(i got 300 miles to a tank that cost £50 to fill GDI!) thank god fuel is cheap here!

my bumper was 200 quid from ebay....no damage and had all grills, just had to get it sprayed. and about 20quid for bits if i remember right! seat is VVV expensive.
fitting was not excellent but if you attach the profiles to the bumper first, then bolt onto the car it was easier.....arch liner has to come out to get to the guide profile nuts on inside. the bodge part of mine was the towing eye!
on the driver side at the front...the grill wouldnt go on....so i cut it off! hahahaha there are other means on towing! thankfully.......

other than that it went right on....there is a gap if you dont get the arch extensions....i never got round to it, and it did look a tad untidy, but its not too bad.....they would finish it off a treat.......:)

rk696

Aug 16, 2007
West Yorkshire
So, basically, it's pointless trying to tune a N/A lump. Best to whack a turbo version in it..:shrug:

I think I'll just make it look better, defo the spoiler and, if i can find one, a cupra bumper and maybe side skirts.. Mine has a screw in towing eye (I think), so that's shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, its fast enough as it is, and fuel is nearly a pound a litre here :cry:

Last edited:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
So, basically, it's pointless trying to tune a N/A lump. Best to whack a turbo version in it..:shrug:

I think I'll just make it look better, defo the spoiler and, if i can find one, a cupra bumper and maybe side skirts.. Mine has a screw in towing eye (I think), so that's shouldn't be a problem.

Besides, its fast enough as it is, and fuel is nearly a pound a litre here :cry:

Basically without spending stupid money there is not a lot you can do to it.....spending stupid money implies putting a new lump in it!
you dont have to make it go fast....just looking the part is enough...it is pretty fast as it is... dont get me wrong i would want to tune it if i could for reasonable cost/gain ratio but you dont have to prove how fast a car goes if it looks the part ;-)
Screw towing eye!! ACE! if mine had that it would have been easier....(it was an early 99 model)
JESUS fuel is nearly a quid now in UK!!!! i wonder how i afforded to fill mine now!!! 50 quid a time.......
i just filled up my hire car. 47DHS!...(1.8 corolla, its quickish, but horrid compared to the Seat!) and get 2 weeks of commuting from a tank.
47 Dirhams........ thats just a shade over 6 quid....may take a trip to the Seat dealer next weekend....see what they have in!......toyota is just not the same!

bigfella_V5

MG ZS 180 - V6
Feb 25, 2007
I like yours mate, really looks spot on.

Not OTT - And does not look modified :)

Kewe's car was originally mine. I did all the bodywork stuff to it (well sourced the parts, knew what I wanted etc). Some models are different regarding the towing eye - some have a fixed one and some have a screw in one as mine was so no cutting or anything.

I didn't want to tempt fate loosing the front towing eye - the rear isn't so bad!

Kewe - I know Sam etc wanted to see the rear upper spoiler, I never got pics online... :banned:

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Kewe's car was originally mine. I did all the bodywork stuff to it (well sourced the parts, knew what I wanted etc). Some models are different regarding the towing eye - some have a fixed one and some have a screw in one as mine was so no cutting or anything.

I didn't want to tempt fate loosing the front towing eye - the rear isn't so bad!

Kewe - I know Sam etc wanted to see the rear upper spoiler, I never got pics online... :banned:

BIG FELLA!!!! you changed for the MG!!! i see the pic in your signature....nice motor.....but i loved your tolly too!
did you ever put the rear roof spoiler on it? or did you sell it with the car for fitting.....gutted man....so wanted to see that...oh well
happy motoring![B)]

Kewe. whack some pics up mate....i was tempted by the MSdesign spoiler but i thought it was a bit pricey for what it actually was!!!

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site

I claim no credit for the way the car looks. It's all Bigfella's good work.

I will try to get a photo of rear roof spoiler tonight and post it up for Sam.

jiege01

Toledo TDI
Jan 11, 2006
Magherafelt, NI
heres pics of my roof spoiler, get the general idea
rear.JPG

rear1.JPG

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members