new tyres arrived

Tamas328

Apr 19, 2017
As the current mismatching set of Arrowspeed and other random chinese ditchfinders have worn out, I started looking for some half decent tyres for the Exeo. With all the snow we have had recently I thought I try some all-season tyres. Ideally I'd love to have some full winters on a spare set of 16-17" wheels and get some new summers for the 18"s. But that would cost an arm and a leg. These new generation of all-seasons are meant to be quite good, and the UK usually doesnt get that much of the white stuff so perhaps the winters would be a bit of an overkill anyway.

I know the Michelin Crossclimate+ is the best one out there, but I love a bragain so I looked around to see if there are any more wallet-friendly alternatives.

I chose the Kleber Quadraxer 2 in the end, cost £80 each in 225/40/18. Kleber is owned by Michelin and the tread pattern is actually quite similar. They arrived today, the local garage will fit them tomorrow.

20180322_103624.jpg
20180322_103643.jpg

RADIOTWO

Mar 6, 2018
North Derbyshire
Hi
Look OK but would not go for rotational tyres as you can only swap front to back and visa versa, where as Asymmetric tyres you can change diagonally to get the best ware out of them.
Steve

IvIarkGraham

Jun 23, 2017
i went for uniroyal rain sports. I dont drive like i used to but ive never pushed them beyond their limits.
good grip, and decent wear

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.