Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

NEW V2.2 © K04 80mm Highflow TIP for LCR/TT225/S3-1.8t ©

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Sep 1, 2011.

1. czaki

czaki Active Member

I'm sad... :( Now I really don't know what to do. The problem is that I'm not a mechanic, so I can only buy things and get them fitted, nothing else. :cry: Really no options here in Hungary. :rolleyes:

By the way really thanks for your help! :)

2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

Hi.

Not being content with the best designed TIP, it was felt a little more may be possible.. so with feedback received from customers we took the opportunity to revamp the TIP improving fitment and performance.

Main changes are to the top MAF end hose angle to ease fitment, and DV outlet pipe length and to the Alloy Billet adaptor Geometry, altering the reduction angle and length, which both helps fitment and also mid range torque is increased over the V2 slightly. Peak power/torque figures remain best in class.

Pricing Remains the same whilst offering a "no-hose clip" option.

Price is £139.75+vat without clips
    Price is £149+vat with High quality JC H-Grip Stainless steel hose clips

Pictures of it below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To Order you can call 01453 822880 or email sales@badger5.co.uk or check our eBay Store

thanks
    Bill

3. czaki

czaki Active Member

Do these changes affect your TIP's fitment to LHD cars? I'm really interested in this improved version... :)

4. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

its just as phat as before..
    *possibly* V3 but I cannot say without trying one on a LHD car.. I suspect it will also rub on the master cylinder brake pipes as its a large TIP.

5. czaki

czaki Active Member

Then I'll wait until V3 comes out... :) Either way, I'll have to find a solution for this. :)

6. RDS

RDS OEM+

Great work Bill, but I need you to stop coming out with statements like this ^ your going to make me want to upgrade my V2 for a 2.2 now :doh:

Keep up the great work :D

#286 RDS, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  7. Wolvo-Oleg

Wolvo-Oleg Active Member

Bill, I'm sorry if this makes no sense, but it seems a viable question in my head.

Comparing the V2.2 to the V3, on the turbo end of V3, where the silicon narrows to do the job of the billet adaptor, is the inner diameter of the V3 much smaller than the V2.2?

It looks asif the turbo end on the V3 goes 'in' the turbo, whereas the V2.2 clamps onto the outside?

Like I say, sorry if this is just me being stupid!!

8. 8bit

8bit Active Member

;)

Seriously though, good stuff. Is there any difference to the finish on the outside of the adaptor? When I was struggling with my v2 TIP I thought a few times that all it would need would be for the adaptor to have a rougher finish or some knurling to help the silicone grip on.

9. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

there is no change to surface finish on the billet no.. there is no need. there is however a much longer "land" for the hose to overlap onto, not that previously there was'nt enough, as I designed it to both have a Stop Edge to puch against to ensure it could be pushed on fully, but also made it with a 22mm wide overlap for a 13mm wide JC clamp to hold, giving 9mm of "float" for the clip to sit.

V2.2 billet is longer but not for additional clamping land but as by product of me changing the internal taper geometry to further improve the airflow.. It is longer now by 15mm. the billet/silicon when clamped grip like hell.

on the next batch I will consider adding some small machined ribs on the OD of the billet to act as little barbs.. but trust me getting the hose onto these is already blummin "snug" as it is.

#289 ibizacupra, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  10. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

V2.x billets secure to the turbo in two ways when installed following my guide.
    Silicon sealant (silon300) on the ID of the billet lightly smeared and a small M4 grub screw which screws into the existing groove on the k04 turbo. This acts as a retainer. The silicon hose then clamps to the billet adaptor.

What the billet adaptor offers (which is why I rate it as the better product in pure flow terms) is a perfect internal diameter blend, so there is no "step" on the turbo intake like is inevitable on a silicon hose which clamps to the outside of the turbo (like my V3 and other similar silicon hoses do)

Internal geometry and blend angles are almost identical between the V2.2 and V3, but the internal step is not present on the billet version by design.

Either version will give significant gains in airflow and power potential to the k04 cars, and its down to the customer whether the more technically elegant billet design is worth the extra £ it costs to make vs the one piece silicon. I can provide both options at very competitive rates to suit peoples budget. What you do know if there has been significant development of these since I created them 2 years ago now with the original V1 3" version.

11. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

V3 being one piece silicon may offer some more "wobble" room but I fear the brake pipes from the master cylinder on lhd cars will still poke into the side of the TIP... which although does'nt stop it from being fitted will eventually rub thru.

12. 8bit

8bit Active Member

I find that getting the hose onto the adaptor is a doddle, maybe that's because I've refitted mine a few times. Re. the improved airflow, how big a difference are we talking? Have you done graphs, by any chance?

13. richybigman

Can't wait for my new TIP to arrive :)

14. richybigman

Where can i buy the silicon sealant from?

15. richybigman

The TIP has just turned up in the post :) Hopefully i'll get round to fitting it this weekend!

16. richybigman

17. 8bit

8bit Active Member

18. richybigman

I don't suppose you could give me a link to one could you? I want to make sure i get the right sealant. The reason i thought this one was because it was a high temperature sealant (350 deg).

19. 8bit

8bit Active Member

The stuff I used I got off a mate, I've no idea where he got it from. I'm not sure what the difference between silicone rubber and silicone copper would be, it might be OK but the silicone rubber stuff I used seems to work well.

I wouldn't think you'd need it to be rated for anything like 350 degrees though, remember this is going on the cold side of the turbo, if that gets anywhere close to 350C then you've got bigger problems than your silicone sealant!

20. richybigman

Lol, i didn't think it would get that hot but when i looked up the stuff Bill uses it goes up to 350 degrees as well, but i can't find anywhere that sells the Silon 300 stuff he uses.

Just want to fit it once and properly so i don't have to do it again, lol