New Virtual cockpit

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
The brochure only mentioned the digital cockpit on the Cupra. No mention f it being an option on the other models from what I can see.

True

The original announcement was for the Leon and Ateca for the beginning of next year before being available to other models.

https://youtu.be/62LGicoVo5Y

They also hadn't decided whether it was going to be a paid option for all or standard on high-end models.

It is already on the German configurator as an option, which is selectable on the FR trim too.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the latest dealers I've asked, as all have been suprised by the website and brochure.

They agreed that it would be on the Cupras being delivered from next year based on the brochure but they have independently gone off to confirm.

I'll post once I've heard back.

Last edited:

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Just had a call back from a dealer in Chesterfield Stoneacre.
They confirmed that *any* Cupra 300 built after week 1 2018 will include the new digital cockpit.

Great news!!

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
So that pretty much means you can order now as it won’t be getting built until March at the earliest anyway?

Pretty much. He said that I'd be very lucky/unlucky to get a factory order built before then.

If you've seen the current build waiting times you'll understand.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Mega! I’m going to go with:

ST 4Drive DSG
Nevada White
Seat Sound
Pan Roof
Black Buckets

PCP or Lease?

Sounds spot on mate. It's a shame the 4drive is only on the ST.
I'm in courtesy car at the moment and it's an S3 sportback and the Quattro quality!
Wanted the black buckets too but unfortunately they weren't in budget.

I'm going lease again through seat/VW finance.

The monthly rentals are really low and they are extending my current lease until i get the 300.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Did you deal with them direct?

Been dealing with both them and the dealer (JCT).

I picked up my last lease through the same dealer who acted as a proxy for seat finance.

seat finance contacted me towards the end of my contract and asked if I wanted to go directly through them. I said I'd work with both of them. Seat finance extended my lease and the dealer placed my order.

madpete76

Dec 6, 2017
I ordered a Cupra 300 ST 4 drive at the beginning of Oct, my build week is the second week of Jan 2018.... I just checked with Seat and have been told I won't get the new system.

Would have been nice, but not the end of the world :-/

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
After bumping into my dealer they have said abput the new digital dash. Nobody seems to know much and aeat have said that once added to an order cannot be removed and that they have no idea how it would affect lead times to orders already made. Just a heads up
For anyone thinking of adding it to their spec

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Starting to wonder how gimmicky this will be on the CUPRA with the standard infotainment system.

Reading other posts and watching reviews on other models, it may have limited functionality with the basic unit.

How many people are adding Nav high to their Leon's?

Looks like Alexa may rely on that too.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
Starting to wonder how gimmicky this will be on the CUPRA with the standard infotainment system.

Reading other posts and watching reviews on other models, it may have limited functionality with the basic unit.

How many people are adding Nav high to their Leon's?

Looks like Alexa may rely on that too.

Alexa does rely on Nav High. Not sure in what way the virtual cockpit will have limited functionality with the basic unit (unless you mean without nav)

You can have nav on both virtual cockpit and infotainment, or nav on cockpit and other stuff displayed on infotainment. You can't display CarPlay on the virtual cockpit, only supports SEAT nav.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
You can have nav on both virtual cockpit and infotainment, or nav on cockpit and other stuff displayed on infotainment. You can't display CarPlay on the virtual cockpit, only supports SEAT nav.

This is the bit I'm trying to clear up. As it's not available yet on the Leon for review I've been looking at reviews on the VW active info version.

In that version you are unable to get the Nav on both screens without the updated unit (discover pro) think it's comparable to seat's Nav high.

Quote from article..
" It gets worse, as if you have the base-spec Discover infotainment system like we have, you can’t have the map on both that and the instrument binnacle. It simply won’t let you. Switch the map view to Active Info Display, and the infotainment screen goes almost completely blank, apart from a sad little compass in one corner and a few other bits "

Full article
www.carthrottle.com/post/the-digital-dash-is-the-only-thing-that-infuriates-me-about-my-golf-gti/

Can't help but notice that the 2 demos I've seen on YouTube (main one being Autogefuhl) have been the seat digital cockpit with the Nav High (given away by the 3D buildings in the demo).

This limitation may not apply to the Seat version, well at least I hope it doesn't. If it does I'm glad it didn't have to pay for it as an option.

Those that do have to pay for it as an option should be given the info upfront so that they can spec Nav high if it's required for the full feature set.

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
This is the bit I'm trying to clear up. As it's not available yet on the Leon for review I've been looking at reviews on the VW active info version.

In that version you are unable to get the Nav on both screens without the updated unit (discover pro) think it's comparable to seat's Nav high.

Quote from article..

" It gets worse, as if you have the base-spec Discover infotainment system like we have, you can’t have the map on both that and the instrument binnacle. It simply won’t let you. Switch the map view to Active Info Display, and the infotainment screen goes almost completely blank, apart from a sad little compass in one corner and a few other bits "

Full article

www.carthrottle.com/post/the-digital-dash-is-the-only-thing-that-infuriates-me-about-my-golf-gti/

Can't help but notice that the 2 demos I've seen on YouTube (main one being Autogefuhl) have been the seat digital cockpit with the Nav High (given away by the 3D buildings in the demo).

This limitation may not apply to the Seat version, well at least I hope it doesn't. If it does I'm glad it didn't have to pay for it as an option.

Those that do have to pay for it as an option should be given the info upfront so that they can spec Nav high if it's required for the full feature set.

Ah ok. I’m not 100% sure about that on Leon. I know some vw models don’t allow nav on both screens and I Understand that’s irrespective of which infotainment is fitted.
Sounds like nav high will be more future proof and more likely to benefit from new functionality. But that’s partly my take.
I was planning to order model with nav high though I’m sure I could live without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk