New Virtual cockpit

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
I know some vw models don’t allow nav on both screens and I Understand that’s irrespective of which infotainment is fitted.
Sounds like nav high will be more future proof and more likely to benefit from new functionality. But that’s partly my take.
I was planning to order model with nav high though I’m sure I could live without it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok I didn't know that. Hopefully I'm wrong then.

If I'd have know I would have spec'd Nav High in my latest order, to take advantage of this and Alexa too. I didn't realize it came with WLAN as it didn't advertise it in the brochure.

It's not essential or worth cancelling my order over but it's annoying.

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I ordered a Cupra 300 ST 4 drive at the beginning of Oct, my build week is the second week of Jan 2018.... I just checked with Seat and have been told I won't get the new system.

Would have been nice, but not the end of the world :-/

Hi All - new to the forum

Like you, I placed my order for the ST 300 4 Drive at the start of October and have a week 2 January build. I have asked my dealer if the car will come with the virtual dash (I have told him that I won't take delivery until 1st March so it's an 18 plate). Based n what I am reading here, it's unlikely to have the virtual dash! And if it did, I suspect too that I'd need Navigation High which I haven't specced up!

Mines coming in Mystery Blue, full pana roof, Seat Sound, reversing camera and advanced driving and comfort pack 2. Considering a late addition of the winter pack and did debate the KESSY system but I don't think that's worth the cost, and on my Focus RS, I still use the button on the fob even though the system is key free. One thing that hasn't however been answered is whether the No-KESSY car has a push button start of turn-key start - does anyone know??

Cheers

Per

Kane7

Oct 23, 2016
Why bother with kessy especially if your keeping the car stock its easier to nick a 106 with just coat hanger and tooth pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Hi All - new to the forum

Like you, I placed my order for the ST 300 4 Drive at the start of October and have a week 2 January build. I have asked my dealer if the car will come with the virtual dash (I have told him that I won't take delivery until 1st March so it's an 18 plate). Based n what I am reading here, it's unlikely to have the virtual dash! And if it did, I suspect too that I'd need Navigation High which I haven't specced up!

Mines coming in Mystery Blue, full pana roof, Seat Sound, reversing camera and advanced driving and comfort pack 2. Considering a late addition of the winter pack and did debate the KESSY system but I don't think that's worth the cost, and on my Focus RS, I still use the button on the fob even though the system is key free. One thing that hasn't however been answered is whether the No-KESSY car has a push button start of turn-key start - does anyone know??

Cheers

Per

As far as I know, KESSY includes the push-button start. Otherwise it's a turn-key start.

Per

Dec 19, 2017
As far as I know, KESSY includes the push-button start. Otherwise it's a turn-key start.

OK, cheers. Seems rather odd for a modern car to still have a turn-key start! Even my 2007 BMW 120D had a start button!!! May need to try to squeeze in KESSY in that case!!!!

TallTom

Oct 16, 2017
Ordered october, customer services confirmed car will come with DC (build week 5)

Per

Dec 19, 2017
I see the SEAT configurator now doesn't give the option of basic nav - it's only Navigation High.
And the options are marginally higher in price compared to my October order! Pana roof was 720 now 730 and other options up by £5. Not a big increase mind you!

Per

Dec 19, 2017
That’s the one..!

I guess I'd better give customer services a call in that case! Would be a bit odd for a week 2 build to come with analogue dials and a week 5 car to come with virtual dials! Mind you if I read correctly to fully avail of the virtual dash you need Navigation High rather than standard??

My dealer is away past few days so might need to cut past him and go direct to customer services.

What's the usual time with Seat from build to delivery?Week 5 would be end of 1st week of Feb - would that be a 1st March delivery? I would consider pushing mine back a few weeks if possible to ensure I get the right spec!

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012
I see the SEAT configurator now doesn't give the option of basic nav - it's only Navigation High.
And the options are marginally higher in price compared to my October order! Pana roof was 720 now 730 and other options up by £5. Not a big increase mind you!

Nav is standard on most trims in range, nav high is optional upgrade.
Yeah, some small price increases for a few options. But list price reduced for some models.

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
HMPH :(

Having just got my Leon Fr in oct after being told VC and Eclipse orange were months away, im gutted this is out now.

Anyone wondering if we cant just buy the part from Seat and add it aftermarket? or get them to do it.

BenWilliams21

Ben Williams
Aug 12, 2017
Hertfordshire
£400 extra for VC on a Leon FR

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I like it. It's just a bit too gimmicky and never in all the cars I've owned have I wished or thought it'd be better if the satnav was on the dials....

A head up display showing the nav would be even better, and to be honest, even safer.

Ibiza06

Aug 4, 2010
Ive seen the same system today (albeit in a mates new VW tiguan) and to be fair i wasnt sold on it, just looks so flat and whilst itmay be another thing to fiddle with i cant say ill miss it too much

Deleted member 103408

£400 extra for VC on a Leon FR

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure I like it. It's just a bit too gimmicky and never in all the cars I've owned have I wished or thought it'd be better if the satnav was on the dials....

A head up display showing the nav would be even better, and to be honest, even safer.

+1 and we have been here before back in the 80's....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members