New VW MFD3 Satnav/DVD player/headunit Fitted

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Dan that looks amazing....top marks but I bet it wasnt cheap!

Edit is there any other units that work? ie have red lights and not the skoda green or VW blue

no it wasnt cheap :p

Notsure what your asking, but this one (VW) has red lights which match perfectly :)

The only thing that indicates its a VW unit is the splash screen that comes up if the unit is cold.

Last edited:

murts

Mar 31, 2007
Dan,

You mentioned somewhere before that you were going to create a simple guide on how to replace the original unit with a aftermarket double din affair, I don't suppose you've done this yet have you ? (i.e. removal/installation and parts needed etc....).

I think I'm going to go for this ebay unit.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...DME:B:EF:UK:11
I posted a thread on this asking for opinion and got no negative comments, infact I got no comments at all.

I don't currently have bluetooth or steering wheel controls so hopefully it would be a pretty straight forward swap. If I was in possession of an idiots guide I'd be a lot more comfortable right before undertaking the operation.

Cheers.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
im writing a guide on satnav install this weekend which will include removing the headunit :)

I dont really know enough about hwadunits to comment, but I wouldnt buy an unbranded unit though personally, or without reading reviews etc.

Last edited:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
satnavdan.jpg

Another happy SmoothNAV customer......

MartH

Jul 18, 2006
Cullompton, Devon
New head unit looks very good, but im more interested in retro fitting bluetooth... is there a thread ive missed or can you tell us more, please.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.