New VW MFD3 Satnav/DVD player/headunit Fitted

ianrob16

Just install the premium bt module, it works great through the MFD3 rns510 but now the buttons on the steering wheel don't work.

has anyone else experienced this ?

Blocky, did you ever get an answer to this ?
If you programme the CAN Gateway & Telephone controllers as per DanGB's and VRStu's guides then all should work as normal. My RNS510, steering wheel/stalk and voice activated telephone contols all work OK.
Ian.

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
one question... does RNS510 has pre-outs for external amp for sub/speakers?
or did anyone fitted external amp to RNS510 and how? :)

tks
B

Dec 15, 2007
South East London
one question... does RNS510 has pre-outs for external amp for sub/speakers?
or did anyone fitted external amp to RNS510 and how? :)

tks
B
I thought about adding a sub to mine but it sounds pretty good anyway, there is a louness setting which boosts bass and it sounds good to me especially with decent speakers

murts

Mar 31, 2007
It does look really good? Wonder if it can get uk mpas on it

Reading the other forum it looks like uk maps are no problem, it's windows CE based with an SD card slot to take TomTom or ROUTE 66 or IGO + maps.

There is a guy from the UK who has bought this unit, I'm going to PM him for more details.

If other people are interested I might start a new thread.

hawtin1584

Oct 30, 2008
I would be interested. Would like to know how the guy in the U.K got on with it. What price do you think it is for us in the U.K. Also would we need something to fill in the space in the centre console or does it fit perfectly?

Last edited:

richpaul

The frequency crossover mentioned earlier to split the signal from the aerial into 2 has now been re designed.
Old part number 5p0035225
New part number 5p0035225a
It now looks like the following:

DSC03363.JPG

DSC03364.JPG

DSC03365.JPG

However, you may have already spotted a slight issue, the 3 pin connector (it should be 2 x fakra connectors).
Does anyone know where or what part number I need to connect this to the RNS 510?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: