New VW MFD3 Satnav/DVD player/headunit Fitted

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
if you have a post may 07 leon you wont have any issues with the steering buttons if you have a pre my08 you will have issues with the hour moving to the right in the display

so if you have a my08 you are done if you have an 07 well you have to live without the last minute lol

this was tested with the rns510 from vw and the seat one, which in ebay you can find it for 700euros which isnt a bad deal the only bad thing the seat one doesnt have SD memory slot

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
need a little advice, i am looking to buy one of the SEAT MFD3 from tommy-cupra.

I have a 2007 Leon FR TDi (took delivery mid April 2007). It has a factory fitted MFD2 with IPOD interface and Bluetooth kit. Comfort Kit and winter Kit

I have read both of DanGB's guides for the satnav and bluetooth, just wanted to check a couple of things.

The bezel on the MFD2, is that exactly the same as the MFD3?

I see some posts saying the SEAT MFD3 doesnt have the SD slot do you know if this is true?

Tommy says that there is no code with the Seat MFD3, will I need someone with a VAG COM to enable it or will it work straight off?

Do you know if the SEAT MFD3 has the same issue with theMulti functional display offseting the clock etc.

does the touchscreen phone keypad on the MFD3 actually make the paired phone dial the number?

does anyone know how to tell if my Leon is CAN BUS 1.6 or 2.0?

THANKS Guys!

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
thanks Tommy. Thanks for the update, but need to know more about blue tooth and if I need to upgrade this now as well to the Premium Bluetooth unit aswell.

also if anyone can confirm the multi function issue with the clock being offset, was that just a problem with DanGB's 06 car or a known problem even with the newer leons

Nightmare!

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Hi leviathan18, you say that '07 cars with CAN bus 2.0 will have the CLOCK displayed wrong on the Dash MFD, but '08 cars with CAN bus 2.0 will show the clock correctly.

If both cars are CAN BUS 2.0 is there any setting that can rectify this. I dont understand if the car has the newer CAN BUS how it can have the problem with the MFD.

My car was special order build and delivered in mid April '07 so will this be a '07 or '08 build?!?

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
Hi leviathan18, you say that '07 cars with CAN bus 2.0 will have the CLOCK displayed wrong on the Dash MFD, but '08 cars with CAN bus 2.0 will show the clock correctly.

If both cars are CAN BUS 2.0 is there any setting that can rectify this. I dont understand if the car has the newer CAN BUS how it can have the problem with the MFD.

My car was special order build and delivered in mid April '07 so will this be a '07 or '08 build?!?

because is the programing of the mdf which is the problem, the can bus 2.0 only is to make work perfectly fine the steering controls, sorry to say if you car is 07 your clock will move and if you can check ebay spain you can find the rns 510 from seat for 700~800 euros

Jan 13, 2008
Anyone got pics of their Leons with the new seat sat nav system (factory fitted).
I suppose it will just look exactly like the original post but without the sd card slot. Thought there might be interesting firmware/software differences though

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
because is the programing of the mdf which is the problem, the can bus 2.0 only is to make work perfectly fine the steering controls, sorry to say if you car is 07 your clock will move and if you can check ebay spain you can find the rns 510 from seat for 700~800 euros

So could I update the MFD to a newer '08 unit?

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic

could you please show me where on ebay we can buy them for 700 - 800 euro????????????????????

I am there every day and never saw this price :whistle:

emkay dk

20"
Jan 5, 2008
To Leviathan18,

I have registered but I can't find the salestopic you are talking about - can you describe more precisely where the topic is located?

thank you.

Mads

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I've just found some pictures on a spanish Seat Leon 2 Forum ofsomeones car with CanBus 2.0 and the RNS510 installed.

They don't appear to havethe time shift problem

my.php

my.php

Forum is here - I've been using Google Translate :)

h

ttp://seatleon2.es/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=13322&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The other thing that was mentioned on there is that you should be able to tell if your car is MY2007 or 2008 by checking the 10th digit of your chassis number and it will be a 7 or 8 - this should be the factor in whether you have Canbus 1.6 or 2.0

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.