New VW MFD3 Satnav/DVD player/headunit Fitted

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Hey guys need some answers still

The bezel on the MFD2, is that exactly the same as the MFD3?
YES BUT MIGHT NEED TRIMMING

I see some posts saying the SEAT MFD3 doesnt have the SD slot do you know if this is true?
NO SD SLOT ON SEAT MFD3

Tommy says that there is no code with the Seat MFD3, will I need someone with a VAG COM to enable it or will it work straight off?
NO CODE BUT STILL NEED TO KNOW IF I NEED ACCESS TO VAG COM

Do you know if the SEAT MFD3 has the same issue with theMulti functional display offseting the clock etc.
CONFUSED! MY CAR IS DEFO MY2007 SO I GUESS IM STUFFED UNLESS I FORK OUT FOR A NEW MFD CLOCK PANEL (ANY IDEAS OF PART NUMBER FOR FR AND PRICES??)

does the touchscreen phone keypad on the MFD3 actually make the paired phone dial the number?
NEED PRIEMIUM BT KIT NOT THE STANDARD ONE THAT CAME WITH MFD2, I CAN LIVE WITH THIS AND IT WOULD BE MY NEXT UPGRADE

does anyone know how to tell if my Leon is CAN BUS 1.6 or 2.0?
MINES 2.0

The killer at the moment for me is the clock shift on the MFD, as I know that will bug me big time. but without installing one I dont know if my MFD is capable of displaying correctly. So for now it looks like I am sticking with my MFD2:(

Last edited:

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
guys if you will wait couple days two members will have them from me, so I hope they will post some info and they will tell you if its working.

why do you think that leon has a can bus 1.6??? golf 5 has a 2.0 so it has to be same with leon.

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
guys if you will wait couple days two members will have them from me, so I hope they will post some info and they will tell you if its working.

why do you think that leon has a can bus 1.6??? golf 5 has a 2.0 so it has to be same with leon.

Tommy, can you ask these guys to add comments on the thread when they have fitted thier units. Im sure this will generate more business for you:clap:

emkay dk

20"
Jan 5, 2008
I have ordered a seat navi from Tommy - when it's fitted I will ofcourse add a comments if Tommy doesn't lower the price ;-)

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
I have ordered a seat navi from Tommy - when it's fitted I will ofcourse add a comments if Tommy doesn't lower the price ;-)

Thanks emkay, only thing is your car is an MY08 so shouldnt have any problems. Im trying to find out of anyone with a MY07 has fitted one, and not suffered the CLOCK on the MFD shifting.

Tommy can you get hold of the Premium Bluetooth Unit too???

darrellr

Apr 2, 2006
monmouth
Not sure about the "Premium Bluetooth" name but is that the BT kit that I've just ordered from VRStu?

His BT kit looks like this:

kit_sm.jpg

and has the following parts:

• 5P0 862 335 C - Interface Unit
  • 8P0 035 503 E - Bluetooth Antenna
  • 3B0 035 711 B - Microphone
  • 1Z0 971 813 62U - Carpet Floor Covering Black
  • N909 460 01 - Expanding Nut x2
  • N908 170 03 - Torx Screw x2
  • 6U0 819 055 - Clip x2

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Tommy, does that BT unit allow you to use the touch screen phone functions on the MFD3?
if not can you get them also???

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
how do you know this?

oh the good things to be able to speak two languages lol, in seatleon2 forum is a very very long thread about the rns 510 with perhaps up to 6 guys with them with different kind of years of the leon so we managed to pin point all the issues of the rns510

issues are if the car has canbus 1.6 2 buttons wont work

if the car is pre my08 the clock will shift and dissapear 1 digit

solutions

canbus 1.6 to 2.0 converter (costs like 100euros)

find a display from a my08 or live with it lol

thats what we know based on pure information of owners of several seat leons with rns510 with different MY

tommy-cupra

Jan 31, 2006
Prague, Czech republic
Not sure about the "Premium Bluetooth" name but is that the BT kit that I've just ordered from VRStu?

His BT kit looks like this:

kit_sm.jpg

and has the following parts:

• 5P0 862 335 C - Interface Unit
  • 8P0 035 503 E - Bluetooth Antenna
  • 3B0 035 711 B - Microphone
  • 1Z0 971 813 62U - Carpet Floor Covering Black
  • N909 460 01 - Expanding Nut x2
  • N908 170 03 - Torx Screw x2
  • 6U0 819 055 - Clip x2

its propably the same what I have, just I dont have the cable plus carpet and screws and clips, how much did you pay for it???

Logist

oook after all the reading can someone just confirm this for me

if my car is MY2008, sure way is checking the 10th digit if its 7 or 8 right?

then i can get this RNS510 (where we have a WV version and a SEAT version - which is missing a SD card port, right?)
and ALL will work all the buttons the clock will show all digits, i ALREADY have BT and IPOD interfaces from factory which will continue to work in harmony with the RNS510?

IF its MY2007 the only problem i will have is a clock displacment causing 1 digit missing(and that would anoy the heck out of me!)

and whats the deal with bus thing 1.6 or 2.0 what the hell is that anyhow.. the my2007 has 1.6 OR IT CAN have 2.0 how do you check this?

and the my2008 has 2.0?

so if its my2008 and 2.0 all is well

if its my2007 it can be 1.6 (problems with buttons not working) or it can be 2.0(clock displacment problem) i will check the 10th digit and find out if its 7 or 8(got the car december 07 so i figure its NOT MY08? :p and i have a problem then..)

if its MY2007 how to tell if its 1.6 or 2.0, cause if its 1.6 i have 2 problems if its 2.0 i have 1 problem.. if its MY08 i have ZERO problems(and i cant wait to find this out!)

sorry for the kinda brainstorm/questions post, i was explaining couple of things to myself as i wrote :p

ahhhh so many questions hope you guys can sum this up for me as if it will all work i will go buy one unit!

prolly from you tommy (you can ship to slovenia right? and yeah its in EU :p):D

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul T

Jan 24, 2008
Bristol
Mine is 07 reg with the 10th digit a 7 so i guess i got a 2.0, but will suffer the digit loss on the clock. ( correct me if im wromg )

RalphUp

3 Kids 1 Wife 0 Cash
Oct 13, 2006
Yorkshire
Tommy mate, Im defo up for one of the SEAT units (at the best price LOL!!)
Then its a trip to VRStu for a NEW bluetooth module.
The last sticking point will be the new Clock cluster/MFD, I have a MY07 FR TDI, anyone have any ideas what the part number/price for an MY08 unit???

DanGB how did you get the clock cluster out of the dash?!?!