New Year 2019 Meet - Blackpool - Anybody (young or old)

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
The Facebook group is less than 2yrs old. There's never been any history between us. Well not from our side. I've never been made aware of any animosity from you guys either so everything is Rosey
And I am Ian, another member of the admin team and long time member on scn.

I think a number of members here are also on fb and possibly also in our group

If I didn't stay so far away I would have joined you also but maybe next time. Or pop up north .
I hope you both made new user posts when you started lol I personally (cannot speak for other admins and users) have no issues with anyone joining in as long as they're a member on here I guess as all our info is done in a private chat for last minute details. We just like to be very organised so to speak quite a bit of ocd. I guess as a user and not an admin I can see how inter site/forum meets may get a little weird as is human nature you protect your own.

It's taken us somewhat of alot of time and effort to get meets moving as of late and this one seems to be turning out to be a good one.

What sort of chat has been happening your side regarding the meet?

Last edited:
Reactions: Damo H

DanTheManc

Sep 10, 2016
Manchester
I hope you both made new user posts when you started lol I personally (just me) have no issues with anyone joining in as long as they're a member on here I guess as all our info is done in a private chat for last minute details. We just like to be very organised so to speak quite a bit of ocd. I guess as a user and not an admin I can see how inter site/forum meets may get a little weird as is human nature you protect your own.

It's taken us somewhat of alot of time and effort to get meets moving as of late and this one seems to be turning out to be a good one.

What sort of chat has been happening your side regarding the meet?

I was a member on here before I created the Facebook group. My reason for creating the group was to have a place which was Cupra specific, not to compete against other sites/groups or poach anybody. We fully understand and accept this is your meet and not ours.

I

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181118-211514_Facebook.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181118-211514_Facebook.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 90

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hi Guys,

I'm Dan the admin of the facebook Cupra group with all the "I raced that and won chat"

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to step on anybodies toes or gatecrash your meet. As you can see it clearly says in the header that this is something which is being organised by yourselves.

There was a lot of talk about this meet from people who I'm assuming are both members of this forum and our Facebook group. Unfortunately, Facebook groups don't have the luxury of sub forums. I added it to the events tab on our group as this post was being linked and then lost in the mass of posts. Events posted in our events tab are just that, events. It doesn't mean it's our event or anything to do with our Facebook group. We link things like tuning company rolling road day, VAG tuner live etc.. The event was created as an easy point access to your post as it was a popular topic of conversation.

If this is something you're not happy with just let me know and I will remove the post from our group.

Apologies for the confusion.

Dan
MK3 Leon Cupra Owners Club

P.S We're a good friendly bunch and our 2400 members aren't all young boy racers
Hi Dan!

Thanks for the post. As it was me saying the ‘I raced x and won’ thought I’d better clarify.

I didn’t add the event as I’m not the organiser I wasn’t sure if the people organising would want the wider publicity of none SCN people coming.

Plus there is a bit of a joke going on with @Jamp94 who posted on FB that we were all a bit old haha!

Just important that those attending know it’s not a ‘cruise’ type of event and there do appear to be a few (not all) posts on Facebook with people still in that kind of mentality, where I don’t really see that on SCN.

Agree not all of the people are young on there and I chat with a few of the members that are probably more my age/mentality.

As it says DanTheManc, I assume you’re local to Manchester and I’m sure it would be good to have you attending.

Damo - Grumpy (not so) old man

Reactions: kanyewest

DanTheManc

Sep 10, 2016
Manchester
Hi Dan!

Thanks for the post. As it was me saying the ‘I raced x and won’ thought I’d better clarify.

I didn’t add the event as I’m not the organiser I wasn’t sure if the people organising would want the wider publicity of none SCN people coming.

Plus there is a bit of a joke going on with @Jamp94 who posted on FB that we were all a bit old haha!

Just important that those attending know it’s not a ‘cruise’ type of event and there do appear to be a few (not all) posts on Facebook with people still in that kind of mentality, where I don’t really see that on SCN.

Agree not all of the people are young on there and I chat with a few of the members that are probably more my age/mentality.

As it says DanTheManc, I assume you’re local to Manchester and I’m sure it would be good to have you attending.

Damo - Grumpy (not so) old man

I know it was you who posted about the racing chat Damo. You're the guy with the carbon edition with the carbon decal made from a bocanegra sticker if I'm not mistaken?

How old are you boys? I'm 37 so no spring chicken myself. Our meets have always been a get together of like minded enthusiasts rather than burn outs so don't worry about that. We have also have met up for spirited drives as we are performance car owners but this has always been at suitable lactations.

Yes, I'm from Manchester. I'm hoping to attend but I won't know for sure until nearer the time due to work.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Hello guys new to all the forum stuff. Who set up the event for the meet in Blackpool. I live here and would be great to meet more cupra owners look forward to the reply’s.
Evening buddy,

Good to see someone local, its no one person who sorts out our meets it's most definitely a team effort. Also even though we're SEATCupra.net it's more than just Cupras, we have all sorts coming along.

Deleted member 103408

Hi Guys,

I'm Dan the admin of the facebook Cupra group with all the "I raced that and won chat"

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to step on anybodies toes or gatecrash your meet. As you can see it clearly says in the header that this is something which is being organised by yourselves.

There was a lot of talk about this meet from people who I'm assuming are both members of this forum and our Facebook group. Unfortunately, Facebook groups don't have the luxury of sub forums. I added it to the events tab on our group as this post was being linked and then lost in the mass of posts. Events posted in our events tab are just that, events. It doesn't mean it's our event or anything to do with our Facebook group. We link things like tuning company rolling road day, VAG tuner live etc.. The event was created as an easy point access to your post as it was a popular topic of conversation.

If this is something you're not happy with just let me know and I will remove the post from our group.

Apologies for the confusion.

Dan
MK3 Leon Cupra Owners Club

P.S We're a good friendly bunch and our 2400 members aren't all young boy racers

Dan sorry its take us so long to get back to you.

Firstly there is no issue with what you did and its great that people are happy to share info about other groups meets.

We would appreciate if you would take the post down as we now have about 25 people coming and for us this is more than enough.
I have updated the original post to say its closed as we have enough members.

FYI What we are trying to do is get more of a car club vibe going (so we meet all the guys we talk to on the forums) and talk about the cars and have a meal and a few beers after. We do also have the begining of an active track day club as well.

Several of us are on both this and your facebook group and what I would suggest going forward we will check out with you if its ok for us to post a link to any meets we have. We do a major meet once a year at something like VAG Tuner Live which is ideal for lots of people to go to.

Anyway thanks for getting in touch it is very much appreciated and nobody is upset we are very new at this and learning as we go along.

You did say you might be able to come along and we would be more than happy to see you, just drop us a line if you know you can do it and we will share the meet details.

DanTheManc

Sep 10, 2016
Manchester
Dan sorry its take us so long to get back to you.

Firstly there is no issue with what you did and its great that people are happy to share info about other groups meets.

We would appreciate if you would take the post down as we now have about 25 people coming and for us this is more than enough.
I have updated the original post to say its closed as we have enough members.

FYI What we are trying to do is get more of a car club vibe going (so we meet all the guys we talk to on the forums) and talk about the cars and have a meal and a few beers after. We do also have the begining of an active track day club as well.

Several of us are on both this and your facebook group and what I would suggest going forward we will check out with you if its ok for us to post a link to any meets we have. We do a major meet once a year at something like VAG Tuner Live which is ideal for lots of people to go to.

Anyway thanks for getting in touch it is very much appreciated and nobody is upset we are very new at this and learning as we go along.

You did say you might be able to come along and we would be more than happy to see you, just drop us a line if you know you can do it and we will share the meet details.

I've now edited the event on the group. We had a decent amount of interest so we've decided we may as well organise our own separate event

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
New(ish) member and have mk1lcr. Was told 5th of jan for blackpool meet. This still happening? Im in leeds so would happily have a cruise down with anybody this side of pennines for the meet???

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
New(ish) member and have mk1lcr. Was told 5th of jan for blackpool meet. This still happening? Im in leeds so would happily have a cruise down with anybody this side of pennines for the meet???

I’m in Shipley and will be going down I will be going down on the a and B roads not a fan off just the motorways to Blackpool lol better drive along the a59 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.