New Year 2019 Meet - Blackpool - Anybody (young or old)

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Smolyneux85

Jun 22, 2018
North West
All,
Due to swapping shifts over Christmas I’m no longer available to attend the meet in sunny Blackpool. I’ve seen there’s a few ppl that would like to attend so could you offer them my place. Hope you all have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
My cars back on the road, clutch master cylinder snapped and it took a few weekends to fix it. Not a job I’d like to do again!

Just need to bleed the brakes as they’re a bit spongy.

There’s a lot going on at the minute as we need to move house in January but I’d still like to make the meet, could someone please repost the details? Thanks

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
My cars back on the road, clutch master cylinder snapped and it took a few weekends to fix it. Not a job I’d like to do again!

Just need to bleed the brakes as they’re a bit spongy.

There’s a lot going on at the minute as we need to move house in January but I’d still like to make the meet, could someone please repost the details? Thanks

Scrap that...can see that the details are at the top of the post.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Yay I know how you feel about clutch master cylinders grr not. The easiest things todo unless you can bend in the wrong places lol

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Yay I know how you feel about clutch master cylinders grr not. The easiest things todo unless you can bend in the wrong places lol

Exactly, I’m not a small guy either so getting in there was a right pain in the arse. Tried to bleed the brakes today and now there’s no brakes! Think there’s an air lock in the brake master cylinder.

Deleted member 103408

Happy new year to all on SCN

Gentle reminder the first North West meet is next Saturday, for those who have not done so can you please confirm your attendance on the dedicated chat.

Cheers

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Only took a couple of snaps... will await the official pics eagerly.
hUrtvSz.jpg

OSvhhzT.jpg

W4UjpbQ.jpg

Deleted member 103408

MK 1 Section
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 21.52.27.png

Love the newly painted brakes and winner of the cleanest car award - well done Big T

And a picture of your prize.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 23.00.00.png

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.05.06.png

@Yellow fr good to see you are not on your own in the MK1 Section anymore and love the newly painted rear brakes, hopefully next meet you will have sorted out front ones and get them to match.

I also think its worth a mention you were the only person who went to the trouble of going to the garage and cleaning your car after the road trip, as always looks great and sorry I could not get your alarm to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 103408

MK2 Section

Clean as always @Jimbobcook and a big thanks for the local beer you gave us will enjoy that when I am out of my Jan non drinking month (starts now before you ask).

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.10.12.png

And being host to the two prizes for best clean and dirty car (@Maypack you will have to hand this on at the next meet)

prize.jpg

Found this one cruising down the motorway on its own and we dragged him along with us.
Nice car @Sharpy you kept the MK2 Detailing section up to scratch and thanks also for your prizes to the clean and dirty car winers, much appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.21.34.png

@Legojon Blue Bomshell once again looking top, even though he is sharing his love with another MK2

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.28.56.png

More Newcomers @Moody95 very nice car and we had a great convoy of Me, Moody95, Jimbobcook and Sharpy, best bit for me was we had a brand new jag pull up along side the 4 of us on the Motorway to check out our cars. Just goes to show.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.35.04.png

I would like to say the following to all the detailers who go to the meets.

My car is very happy being washed in fairy liquid, having me putting my laptop on the roof and having my bag on the passenger seat MrsMapack told me off for the laptop but said the bag was ok.

Deleted member 103408

MK3 Section

Firstly the 280's (best in my opinion but I may be biased) @ChrisJKM very nice car and I like what you have done to the Seat Badge on the Front. Hopefully we have given you a few more ideas of how to spend your money.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.42.07.png

My old girl and before you ask yes only one light has been tinted, I ran out of time and could not do the other one in the dark.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.46.50.png

Cupra 300 Section

@Maypack, here is your Dirty Car Winner

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.54.35.png

And a picture of your Prize

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 22.57.15.png

Moody95

Whoosh and your away
Sep 26, 2016
Hull
MK2 Section

Clean as always @Jimbobcook and a big thanks for the local beer you gave us will enjoy that when I am out of my Jan non drinking month (starts now before you ask).

View attachment 3778

And being host to the two prizes for best clean and dirty car (@Maypack you will have to hand this on at the next meet)

View attachment 3779

Found this one cruising down the motorway on its own and we dragged him along with us.
Nice car @Sharpy you kept the MK2 Detailing section up to scratch and thanks also for your prizes to the clean and dirty car winers, much appreciated.

View attachment 3780

@Legojon Blue Bomshell once again looking top, even though he is sharing his love with another MK2

View attachment 3781

More Newcomers @Moody95 very nice car and we had a great convoy of Me, Moody95, Jimbobcook and Sharpy, best bit for me was we had a brand new jag pull up along side the 4 of us on the Motorway to check out our cars. Just goes to show.

View attachment 3782

I would like to say the following to all the detailers who go to the meets.

My car is very happy being washed in fairy liquid, having me putting my laptop on the roof and having my bag on the passenger seat MrsMapack told me off for the laptop but said the bag was ok.
@theoldboy it was a good day and a great convoy, if I mod this car any further lowering will be next after my induction kit

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Deleted member 103408

And finally the Carbon Family

@brivww nice car and nice to see your wife enjoys it as much as you (and all of us do) do.
Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 23.05.52.png

And last but by no means least @DamoH - Got a picture of your car this time and love what you have done to it.

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 23.16.01.png

And I do think you should go into production with the great decal you had in your rear window (seen the pic but could not find it to post here)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Thanks @theoldboy, I’m assuming you mean this beauty. I only did it for the meet to replace my tatty old one, but think it’s staying now...

3E5EF874-8A1A-4B33-A684-895761026672.jpeg

And @maypack’s is a 300 ;)

Could organise a meet near Norwich next, it’s near my wife’s family and @paddy6789’s family too.

Deleted member 103408

Lastly a big thanks for everybody who turned up we had a nice lunch with 13 off us sat down (nice to be in the warm).
Food and Company were great.

There were 6 staying over and we tasted different food this time and it was once again very nice and a good price to and big thanks to MrsMapack for putting up with the car chat.

It was a little chilly (but hey its Jan the 5th) but there was still far to much talk about Sausages and other things that I cant mention on a public forum. I do feel we have a few to many detailers (as you all pick on me) but we had two convoys and in total this year we got

2 MK1's, 4 MK2's, 3 Mk3's and 2 Carbon ST's

We missed @paddy6789 , @dangerdave, @saveoursouls , @Jamie-g, @Bedlam ,@Smolyneux85 and @Deano j1971 who due to more important issues were not able to attend this time.

Sorry few more thanks.

1/ @Jimbobcook for making the great prizes and gifts of beer
2/ @Damo H thanks for standing in for @paddy6789
3/ @Maypack thanks for the sausages - they will be had for tea on Sunday.

Now to start planning the next meet.

The rest of you get your ideas in for location.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Lastly a big thanks for everybody who turned up we had a nice lunch with 13 off us sat down (nice to be in the warm).
Food and Company were great.

There were 6 staying over and we tasted different food this time and it was once again very nice and a good price to and big thanks to MrsMapack for putting up with the car chat.

It was a little chilly (but hey its Jan the 5th) but there was still far to much talk about Sausages and other things that I cant mention on a public forum. I do feel we have a few to many detailers (as you all pick on me) but we had two convoys and in total this year we got

2 MK1's, 4 MK2's, 3 Mk3's and 2 Carbon ST's

We missed @paddy6789 , @Smolyneux85 and @Deano j1971 who due to more important issues were not able to attend this time.

Now to start planning the next meet.

The rest of you get your ideas in for location.

MrsMaypack enjoyed the chat food and Gin

Looking forward to the next meet and picking a winner for the dirtiest car. Get messy all

Reactions: Damo H
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.