Newb from redhill

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, new to vag and loving it. Been a jap man for a while but got a bit bored of it. Just bought myself a 53plate seat leon cupra 1.8t with 64,500 miles on it, full service history and it's had a revo stage one remap. That's it as far as modding that's been done on it but I'm enjoying it. Got a few questions but I'm sure the search bar will help me. Wanna buy a forge008 DV straight away and also an induction kit. Which one though? So many to choose.

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Hi mate,
Just put in an order for the forge 008 dv and a pipercross velocity intake system, I think it looks awesome and later on can change the filter to a cotton cone filter or something.

andy g

car mad
Nov 25, 2012
surrey
They are good dump valves I have the same car with a pipercross filter its from a astra vxr its massive a I really notice the gains you will have to get some pics up when you have 15 posts

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Awesome, sounds good. I've heard forge dump valves are very good. Did want a whooshy one but don't want the hassle that I've heard always goes on with them. Yea always liked the pipercross filters. Can't wait for it all to come so I can fit it all.
15 posts till I can post pics... Wow.

andy g

car mad
Nov 25, 2012
surrey
Yes mate I had a atmospheric dump valve kept going into limp mode when you put the new filter on you will really hear it dump

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Not to sure, last few cars I've had have been lowered on collies but I'm really liking the drive of it, enjoying the smoothness of it. But just gotta wait and see, really like the sleeper look on these. Want to aim for stage 2 tuning with a new turbo, just gonna go for ko3s with ko4 internals, think that's possible. Any idea on exhaust? Looking for either a 3" or2.5" down pipe decat with a nice quiet deep exhaust.

andy g

car mad
Nov 25, 2012
surrey
I have a militek system not to loud if you are going down the coilovers be aware
Of the sump got mine slamed and already taken of two sumps. They sit really low
On the cupra even lower on the diesel

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
So waited 9 whole days for demontweeks to sort my order out only to have to call them after 9 days to see why my parcel hadn't been dispatched. Asked them why and they said only just received an email,from pipercross saying the viper intake system is discontinued, so after a bit of a rant at the bloke I went for a green air filter, 008 forge dv, and a stack boost gauge. Got it all fitted yesterday and love the sound of it, was kinda expecting a bit more of a induction roar but no to fussed, like the dv noise more! Stack boost gauge is awesome, ain't fitted it yet just waiting for the pod to come, hopefully this week. Next mods are a tip and a decat down pipe.

Just a quick question? What's the breather pipe for that went into the old intake box for and should I buy a little breather filter for that?

andy g

car mad
Nov 25, 2012
surrey
Its nothing mate I just cable tide it to something Yeh not much induction raw just hear the turbo sucking in loads of air

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
That breather pipe does suck a lot of air though, I put a bit of jay cloth over it with a cable tie as a filter to stop it sucking down anything bad till I get something better.

Turbo sucks a lot man, sounds very good!

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Yea probs best man, wonder what it goes to and if it does affect it at all. I think it's a 25mm filter you'll need.

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
Hey man, I'm in Dorking. Recently got mine and have been a jap man up til now bar a couple cars

MattyZ

Aug 3, 2014
Used to love my jap cars, still do specially Hondas but after driving one of these thought it was time for a change! Quality cars. So much potential with them where as with Hondas your fighting for every last little bhp you can squeeze out of them. Dorking's 10 mins away, cool man.

LouisAUQ

Jul 27, 2014
Yea same here, I'll always be into honda but thought I'd try the Turbo 1.8 lumps. Yeah not far, work in Dorking and live in woking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.