Newbie About To Get My First Lcr, Am I Getting A Deal???

criztal

Hi Guys,

Been reading your views of the LCR over the last few months, and have previoulsy been the proud owner of an Audi S3.

Well as the title suggest, i know im getting a good deal, just wanted to run it past you guys first.

It has the following spec:

LCR Platinum Grey 2004
31k on the clock
FSSH
Tracker
225BHP
CD Changer etc,,,,,,,,,

Now this car had been in a small accident, but the car was repaired by SEAT, and i have seen the receipt, otherwise a total minter, with only a few kerb marks on the alloys, and now for the price. Im picking up this great car for 10,250!!!!!

It has also had a cam chain tensioner, and window regulator done under warranty, and new clips in the dash, as the last ones were squeeking.

Is there anything else that i should be aware of before i part with my cash??? Any common problems that are obvious???

I intend on fitting my AVIC X1R into the car when i pick it up tommorow, but my installer has said this is not a standard fit??? u guys know any different??

Your help and advice on this is greatly appreciated, and hope to be a welcome member!!!

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Welcome to Cupranet.

That sounds a pretty good price although the mileage is a little high for a 2004 car. You wont be disappointed with an LCR, I still miss mine after 6 months...

If you're familiar with an S3 you know it already. The LCR virtually is a 2wd S3. Usually points are coilpacks but it'll be bloody obvious if they're knackered. Check the carpets are dry on the passenger side (pollen filter leaks if not fitted correctly) Other than that its the usuall second hand car things to look for...

The only things you need to change the head unit are a facia adapter which is available from Halfrauds or Autoleads and an antenna booster as the SEAT HU has it built in.

Beware you'll need to reregister the tracker in your name and I think that costs...

slimtater

Feb 15, 2004
Visit site
Welcome - good choice of car and the colour I wanted!
What do you define as a 'small accident'?
I would always use kerbing of alloys to summarise the quality of driver!! I did one of mine and described myself as a tw@t afterwards. Does tend to show how a car has been cared for though.

criztal

also wanted to make sure with you giys that i also get the remainder of the warranty with roadside??? and whats this about having to pay to get the tracker re-registered???? thats why i sold the audi!!!!! you guys seat stealers are no better?????? PLEASE tell me otherwise@!!!!!!!!!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
yep, the tracker needs to be re registered which is a right con in my opinion, i think the cost is £105 per year now. But check with your Insurer to see if you would get a discount , if not, weigh up the odds of actually having it or not. Would you really want it back if some little scrote takes it for a spin for a couple of hours !!!

Steve Ryan

Hi I have put a AVIC X1 in my Leon no problems you will just need a facia surround to make it blend in and a aerial booster like the one from autoleads, speed sensor wire is on the wiring loom

criztal

would you guys say the price impaying for the car is about right??? i couldnt manage to find another 2004 model with the right colour anywhere near the 10k mark???

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
It seems a good price but you have to factor in the mileage and crash damage if its logged on HPI as it will affect the car when you resell it.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
criztal said:
would you guys say the price impaying for the car is about right??? i couldnt manage to find another 2004 model with the right colour anywhere near the 10k mark???

Seems like a bargain to me even with all the above....a previous member also did a fitting guide for the AVIC X1R so do a search (top right).

criztal

the damage on the car was only the passenger side wing, and as i say it was replaced by SEAT themselves, and is not registered on the HPI register. I tend to change cars every year or so, having looked around, i cant find a LCR for less than 12k on a 2004 plate, so is this considered to be a good deal?? Im supposed to collect the car later today, so all ur advice is truly appreciated.

And the car having 31k on the clock is this that bad of a selling point?? i know its only a year old, but ill probably sell it at the end of 2006, still with warranty

At the end of the day, be nice to know what you guys would expect to pay for this car, i know the audi market well, but this is all new to me!!!

Feb 8, 2004
uk
Visit site
Not bad price but then again this is reflected in teh damage, no matter how minor prospective buyers will still be wary of accident repaired cars. Saying that if its not hpi registered and no structual damage should be OK. It is high millage but how many do you do a year? If your only doing std miles it should be OK. Great cars Enjoy!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Bargain IMO.

Go for it mate. That price would normally be benchmark for early cars 52 reg etc

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Sounds ok, but doesnt sound like the car has been treated well, i would say its an ex demo or fleet/company car with those miles on it.

I have the X1R in mine and its a piece of p155 to fit, all you need is the surround (about £10) and a booster (about £8)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.