Newbie Checking In

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Hi everyone! Currently in the market for a LCR and going to look at a Forum Member's Black 55 plate on Saturday with hopefully a view to buying if the reality matches the advertisement (which I'm sure it will)! The reason I'm going looking at this particular one is that I keep reading on here that Black is the fastest colour?! :D

Past 7+ years have been spent driving a Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo, which up to this point has been the best car I've owned; underrated, Italian style and bloody quick! Sadly the big end shells have let go, so it's currently being broken for parts :(

So, now looking for my next daily driver and having owned an Audi 80 Sport and a Golf Driver (!) "back in the day", I've decided to return to the VAG fold. I suppose it helps that my wife drives a New Beetle 1.8T so I'm aware of build quality and reliability levels first hand.

In terms of future plans, I'm a fan of subtlety over brashness so thinking a Stage 1 remap coupled with reliability related changes (silicon /hard pipe work etc).

Finally, I need to immerse myself back into the VAG Show and Meet scene as it's been quite a while; looking forward to it all! :thumbup:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Welcome and hope you get one you like!! If VW beetle is your benchmark for VAG quality you will not be disappointed by SEAT :)

Happy hunting and if you get it before August, come to the VW Festival!

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Thanks for the quick response and warm welcome.

VW Festival; oh the memories are coming flooding back! :). When and where is this these days?

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
This year it's 14-17 August at Harewood House. I think it's always at Harewood House actually. We've got a small SeatCupra stand going on the Saturday with a few of us organised by Brinkz on here.
Thoroughly enjoyed last year

WEZ1963

Jun 11, 2014
Merseyside
Those dates are now in the diary! :D

Harewood House; lovely venue and wifey likes it so that's a result. [B)]

I have to sort the car out this month as it'll be a daily driver so looks like I've timed it right for the Show Season! :funk:

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Excellent! There's a VW festival thread on here somewhere. Have a peek and maybe there's still a slot left on the stand for your SEAT if you have it by then

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Sounds like you two are pretty loved up already ;)

Only joking, great introduction fella and welcome to the forum, hope the car meets your expectations and would be good to get another car on the stand.

Hopefully see you at Harewood soon :)

PS don't worry about schnazzle and his bananas, he's got this Strepsil addiction and it affects him in odd ways, he's largely a normal bloke but gets a bit off the rails every now and then ;)

Sent from LG G2 using Tuppytalk

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
It's a good job i saw the other thread where i at least have an idea of what that means ;)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
You make me sound like your pet! I'll keep my eye on you at Harewood! ;)

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Sorry Wez...threads seem to just totally go off topic as of late. It's crafoo and betty_swollox who are usually to blame. Moderators have given up. It's anarchy. But it works and we're a friendly bunch really who just like messing around with our Leons

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.