newbie from hull

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
A massive massive thanks to damon6uk for stopping to check I was ok tonight. It means a lot and restored my faith that there is actually some nice people out there! Thanks again hunni meant alot! Xx

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
I'm ok hunni. I had some guy fit my coilovers for me and what he's done to my car I don't know but it isn't drive able. He told me I needed a new drive shaft and ball joint and then said that he could repair the drive shaft with a new cv joint and ball joint which he did. Now when we went to pick it up he said that he thinks my fly wheel had gone and three other people have said the same.

We tried to drive it and it shook and vibrated like I don't know what. Wasn't drivable, we decided to tow it home and even in neutral it still shook. Ended up having to wait for a recovery truck. Finally got home. We think maybe he's messed up the drive shaft or something. I'm not happy at all. Paid money for him to make my car worse!

It does look good low though lol

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Omg Wat a screw job who was it have u put a complaint in if not I would plus what's your plan of action to fixin it I could pop round tomorrow an have a loom see if I can see what's wron if u wanted if u want me to would have to be about mid dayish as I work nights of so pm me your mobile number and a time and ill give u call to come have a look at it sounds like your having a bad time and sounds like some clown had done the work for you I hope u manage to get it sorted

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
Hey hunni. Thanks for the offer hunni. Gray has managed to get it booked into a local garage. The guy has an Ibiza cupra so said he knows his stuff. The idiot who did it was a govvy and not a proper garage and now doesn't seem to care! My mobile number is 07921236497 incase any one needs it.

The is for all your help guys it means alot xxx

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
Hey hunni. Thanks for the offer hunni. Gray has managed to get it booked into a local garage. The guy has an Ibiza cupra so said he knows his stuff. The idiot who did it was a govvy and not a proper garage and now doesn't seem to care! My mobile number is 07921236497 incase any one needs it.

The is for all your help guys it means alot xxx

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
I'm not sure what he drives to be honest hunni. He told Gray on the phone last night that he will get it sorted and be thinks be knows what it is already. Something to do with bearings in my driveshaft been missing or something :-/ he told Gray he upgraded his brakes to brembos And were huge apparently!!

Just so you all know the guy who did whatever he did is called tim, and his shares a unit with a friend on Hawthorne ave. he said to me that he wouldn't charge me a lot because wanted to get his name about but then told Gray he normally only does work for mates and normally restores old cars x

Apr 13, 2011
hull
I really do feel for u fran being a machanic my self I know tha there is some very dodgy people around who will cut corners where they can.

I hope u get this sorted soon and I hope it don't set u back to much money to get your car fixed thanks to some monkey ripping u off.

fran1987

Jul 1, 2013
hull
Thanks hunni. I'm just gutted I trusted him. He's had the car since Friday night last week just to fit coilovers and the brakes and only just got it back last night. It was one problem after another from needing a bearing to a drive shaft which then I didn't need cause he's ****ed about with it to fix it, to needing spacers to then ringing last night to say the fly wheel had gone. He said he had three mechanics look over it and they all agreed it was the fly wheel. Yet we spoke to two mechanics last night who said there's no way it's the fly wheel and are all convinced its the drive shaft.

I'm just so down about it, about how he made me feel he was doing us a favour and trying to help us out. He told me on Saturday that my car was unsafe due to the cv joint and drive shaft and such. Even told me the hub was shafted then said he's managed to sort it all out and didn't need a hub. He told me he wouldn't forgive himself if something happened while the kids were in the car so I had all that done now this. He even said that the car was unsafe to drive because the fly wheel was on the way out, yet we were told it wasn't unsafe if it was the fly wheel.

He gave us a piece of paper with all the work he had done and even wrote dual mass flywheel needed, as far as I knew it was only diesels that had dual mass fly wheels :-/

Hoping to have a guy take it to his garage later this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm convinced its something to do with this drive shaft he's messed around with. Just hope that's all it is x

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.