Newbie from Tewkesbury, Glos

aoakley

Hi folks, I'm Andrew and I'm from Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. Got myself a nice 2003 Seat Leon 1.6S yesterday.

I'm primarily a family man and software engineering manager, not that interested in speed but appreciate the good build quality of Seat and liked the space and comfort of the Leon. I have twin toddlers plus an 5-year-old daughter, so having three 3-point seat belts across the back seat is proving to be very valuable. We also have a Vauxhall Zafira 7-seater for hauling grandparents and children about. My previous car was a Daihatsu Terios, Japanese 4x4 that I bought from new in 1999 and it did 188,000 miles before the subframe finally gave in to rust. I used to live out in the sticks, hence the 4x4, but now live on the edge of suburbia.

Off to the dealers tomorrow to get the unlock code for the car stereo (sadly not included in the docs from previous owner, but I knew that when I bought the car). I may get rid of the Aura stereo and CD changer, and swap it out for a basic Bluetooth CD head unit and fit a sleeve in place of the CD changer to buy back some more glovebox space.

If anyone has a spare CD changer glovebox blanking sleeve (part 1M08686591UQ ) then please let me know. I'll also post a request in the parts area.

Waaay too much detail for an intro post, but there you go.

Dudfield

Hello Andrew

Im picking my new leon up Saturday im also from Tewkesbury, Ill keep and eye out. :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.