newbie here, 1.8t remap??

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
Madmile said:
I have never tried CC or Revo but a Jabba remap is as good a choice as any if not better, in my opinion. But opinions may vary.

How can you say that if you haven't tried the other maps?
The grass is sometimes greener on the other side!!

ALEX**

WTF
Feb 26, 2004
south-East
Visit site
yup not that i have not had a small issue but it was sorted very quickly with no need to go back up there.

i would not say jabba is perfect as with any tuner they have issues but my car pulls all the way to the redline hard.

mike spent alot of time testing and tweaking as such my car never overboosts doesnt overfuel and runs very well.

i would go back to them, i would also consider custom code, revo stage 2 only.

but i would like to drive a CC car as i have not.

the only thing that bugs and worries me about revo is the overboost issue and overfueling but im not convinced this is not due to people pissing wiith sps 3 and fooking the settings.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
When i looked for someone to tune my car i first considered who had the most experience, i looked in the back of Pvw and one name stood out in Seat/vag tuning, they had the most/quickest cars in my desired field. How many Custom code, Revo, Apr cars are there in the back compared to Jabba, how many of the most powerful Seats on this site run Revo or CC or Apr. Theres even a CC dealer with a Jabba remap on there BT car. Go figure. But i can see the reasons why in some respects.

You say Revo or CC i say jabba. Everyone picks there own and fair play. Variety is the spice of life and all that. Which ever i am sure you would be happy with the improvement.

Last edited:

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
True, Jabba have a LOT more experience than any other UK tuner when it comes to BT installs and maps but this thread is for a basic remap on a stock or lightly modded 1.8T car.
Jabba have a lot more competition in that field.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
GaryM said:
True, Jabba have a LOT more experience than any other UK tuner when it comes to BT installs and maps but this thread is for a basic remap on a stock or lightly modded 1.8T car.
Jabba have a lot more competition in that field.

I wonder who has mapped the most cars on the rollers.

CustardCupra

Feb 2, 2002
Cleveland
Visit site
A remap regardless who the feck tunes it is only as good as the car its going on.
The beauty about going with a non generic tuner means if your car is a lemon or lame duck then it can be tuned to the best of its ability or any overlying problem can be sorted first.
Generic mapping can't do this.
Car goes in with lets say a poor 148bhp with problems and the CC/REVO dealer will still tell you its a 200 bhp car.
In reality its more like 180 bhp ......but you won't know any different and neither will the dealer as you don't get a printout of power.

Jabba would be my advice ........and yes i HAVE had other software on my car, AMD .

GaryM

Golf GTI 1.8T 180
Feb 11, 2004
Nr Manchester
Thats assuming the CC software you've had uploaded is generic, pretty much like Jabba's generic software I guess - 180bhp but told 200bhp?

CC also do one hell of a custom remap for the 1.8T though there's no denying that Jabba have the upperhand with BT applications though.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
CustardCupra said:
A remap regardless who the feck tunes it is only as good as the car its going on.
The beauty about going with a non generic tuner means if your car is a lemon or lame duck then it can be tuned to the best of its ability or any overlying problem can be sorted first.
Generic mapping can't do this.
Car goes in with lets say a poor 148bhp with problems and the CC/REVO dealer will still tell you its a 200 bhp car.
In reality its more like 180 bhp ......but you won't know any different and neither will the dealer as you don't get a printout of power.

Jabba would be my advice ........and yes i HAVE had other software on my car, AMD .

to a point I agree... but a lemon is still a lemon as whatever makes it less powerful than others is not likely to be code and as a consequence also not likely to be got over either.. to use my own car as an example. It was a lemon and never made the same power as other identical (should have been spec wise) cars

before and after is the mapping difference, assuming all features of the engine are working in tip top order. (which they dont always as we know)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
GaryM said:
Thats assuming the CC software you've had uploaded is generic, pretty much like Jabba's generic software I guess - 180bhp but told 200bhp?

CC also do one hell of a custom remap for the 1.8T though there's no denying that Jabba have the upperhand with BT applications though.

Having done an IHI using CustomCode, the BT mapping side is well in hand with CC.
Hardware is well established with Jabba, and their experience is high, learned from their customers :whistle: :whistle: amongst others..:think: [B)]

You can gauge this from recent power level claims for the same hardware. Used to be 320bhp now 380bhp..... same equipment, difference is elapsed time and cars converted. (and feedback on issues and problems)

EVOLUTION

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
I look after a fleet of toyota corrola's every car is identicall in there companys yet there is one car that feels alot quicker than the others.
I find this alot with many company fleets I look after in my opinion no two cars are a like out of the factory some roll out less power(lemons) or more power than stated.
By this I mean how do you compare remaps?The only way to prove one better than the other would be test the same car with all tunners.

dan-ish

Audi Techie
Jan 26, 2005
darwen
ibizacupra said:
Having done an IHI using CustomCode, the BT mapping side is well in hand with CC.
Hardware is well established with Jabba, and their experience is high, learned from their customers :whistle: :whistle: amongst others..:think: [B)]

You can gauge this from recent power level claims for the same hardware. Used to be 320bhp now 380bhp..... same equipment, difference is elapsed time and cars converted. (and feedback on issues and problems)

EVOLUTION
You wound up the boost on that MK4 golf yet Bill?

JBS Sales

Custom-Code is a relatively new business.
This has been out for less than 1 year.
So if we can get this amount of backing from our customers then you know that this is going to be 1 big big company in the future.
But as with James`s best saying "Black and white TV`s were good until they came out with colour"
But the manufacturers MUST keep up with what is new , or they will find themselves at the back or the que.
Watch out competition as Custom-Code is making its mark.
Sarah

Jonzy

Few questions about the CC system.

CC-Phase1, the off the shelf remap. Im assuming thats just a 10 min wonder similar to revo stg1.

Is the CC-Phase2 'custom remap' a true customised one? if so surely the success of the remap is down to the skills/knowledge/experience of the mapper.

I noticed that CC have agents, Bill being one? Following my previous question, does this then mean that the phase2 remap can vary between the skills of the different agents.

If I got it all wrong please feel free to correct me :)

Ta

adaml

Jan 7, 2004
Leeds
Visit site
Jonzy said:
Few questions about the CC system.

CC-Phase1, the off the shelf remap. Im assuming thats just a 10 min wonder similar to revo stg1.

Is the CC-Phase2 'custom remap' a true customised one? if so surely the success of the remap is down to the skills/knowledge/experience of the mapper.

I noticed that CC have agents, Bill being one? Following my previous question, does this then mean that the phase2 remap can vary between the skills of the different agents.

If I got it all wrong please feel free to correct me :)

Ta

The way I understand it with phase 1 is although it is off the shelf, you still get a choice of how you want it. They have different variations of the generic code, so you could say you want bags of bottom end torque, or more at high revs or a linear progressive delivery. I think most go for the latter though.

It's like the difference between "One Size Fits All", "Off the peg" and "bespoke". You can go to a tailors and have a suit made to measure, or you can go to a high street shop and buy one in your size. It's not custom but it's better than one size fits all.

So yes as I understand it phase 2 is the true customised one. I know James maps the cars on the road, I would assume the agents would have do the same if they are selling phase 2.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.