newbie here, 1.8t remap??

Jonzy

So its a true live map, in which case, means that the map will only ever be as good as the person who maps it. Unlike the off the shelf which is pretty static.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Jonzy said:
Few questions about the CC system.

CC-Phase1, the off the shelf remap. Im assuming thats just a 10 min wonder similar to revo stg1.

Is the CC-Phase2 'custom remap' a true customised one? if so surely the success of the remap is down to the skills/knowledge/experience of the mapper.

I noticed that CC have agents, Bill being one? Following my previous question, does this then mean that the phase2 remap can vary between the skills of the different agents.

If I got it all wrong please feel free to correct me :)

Ta

It can be different yes... Stage 2 is (if not done on same spec vehicle before) going to be run, logged, tweeked, run logged, tweeked, until results are deemed acceptable. If there is a same spec on file and having been done before then the tweek,run,log,tweek,run,log bit will be less.

Not just skills of the person asking for adjustment or person making code adjustments, but also what the customer wants in drivability terms too.

so to non-answer this (sorry) it could a reflash on one extreme, or tweeked code in the other, depending on vehicle, spec, mods and history.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
adaml said:
So yes as I understand it phase 2 is the true customised one. I know James maps the cars on the road, I would assume the agents would have do the same if they are selling phase 2.

Tailored to suit from base maps in library or emulated to generate req'd custom code. Then tweeked from there.

Combination of on the road and logging, with a dyno (when running again @ JBS) to see where it started and where it ended up power wise.

Jonzy

So in some ways CC/Revo etc could be thought as a sort of franchise system?

The individual mappers understanding of what the customer whats can greatly effect the outcome of what the customer gets, I know this applies to all live/custom mapping outfits. But some people will just assume that because a 'brand' of map has been used itll be the same wherever they have that brand done.

Bill - being a listed agent on the cc webby, do you actaully 'map' the cars yourself?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Jonzy said:
So in some ways CC/Revo etc could be thought as a sort of franchise system?

The individual mappers understanding of what the customer whats can greatly effect the outcome of what the customer gets, I know this applies to all live/custom mapping outfits. But some people will just assume that because a 'brand' of map has been used itll be the same wherever they have that brand done.

Bill - being a listed agent on the cc webby, do you actaully 'map' the cars yourself?

Its not a Franchise at all...
Dealers are dealers, not franchises... I sell REVO too in performance code terms.

Stage 1 will be same at other distributers. be it REVO or CC or APR or whoever.

On stage 1 cars I upload the generic stage 1, that could be REVO or CC depending on what the customer wants & how they describe they like their power served up, tunability for future, features they want to have etc.

Stage 2 be it either REVO or CC will require a start point to tweek from. In REVO terms you will need an SPS3 to dial in and log results of the settings to tailor it to the vehicle in question, with whatever mods it has (to justify stage 2 at all).
CC will be modded if req'd by logging, rewriting of code and reflashing to ecu and repeating the process of logging etc. Final tweek can be using custom settings also when the final map is close to being right for final tweeking. In the case of CC the files are re-written by CC and we exchange logs for new codes and flash and log until we are happy.

Hope that explains things a bit.

caney

Apr 24, 2005
CustardCupra said:
A remap regardless who the feck tunes it is only as good as the car its going on.
The beauty about going with a non generic tuner means if your car is a lemon or lame duck then it can be tuned to the best of its ability or any overlying problem can be sorted first.
Generic mapping can't do this.
Car goes in with lets say a poor 148bhp with problems and the CC/REVO dealer will still tell you its a 200 bhp car.
In reality its more like 180 bhp ......but you won't know any different and neither will the dealer as you don't get a printout of power.

Jabba would be my advice ........and yes i HAVE had other software on my car, AMD .
this is a 1st;) but i competely agree[B)]

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Madmile said:
Theres even a CC dealer with a Jabba remap on there BT car. Go figure. But i can see the reasons why in some respects.

To answer this for those who think they know why.
I am a REVO dealer and a Custom Code dealer and I run Jabba on my ibiza (previously Oettinger & also tried early APR)

why? conflicting surely you might think.

I was REVO's 3rd UK dealer have been with them for a long time, people like it, ask for it, has its own features and benefits so I continue to supply it.

Custom Code is new, offers me the ability to do more than just regular remaps, as I want to do BT offerings as I grow Badger5 progressively. Having been in BT ownership thru good times and bad, I do know very well whats good and bad in these conversions from experience, shared, and personal. Badger5 BT conversions are CC mapped.

Why do I run Jabba? Well apart from history, of being friends with them for many years, and being the sister IHI Ibiza car to theirs, and one which has been used mutually to learn a lot from (when things go well AND when things go bad). I went IHI a number of years ago, and am invested to continue down that route, evolving as I have to try something different in the PE1820 unit. Engine build was an evolution of the Golf4 I used to have (ex-Jabba car) and this also was good and bad (good when it went like stink, bad when it nuked itself dropping a valve and ruining an engine/turbo). New engine is my spec'd and sourced parts, built by Elton @ Jabba. The mapping is the natural progression to also be Jabba.. and the reason for why is its much simpler dealing with one outfit for total package in the event of "issues" and their resolution. No fingers to point at the other parties work for example if engine builder pointed at mapper as being the cause of a problem and visa-versa. Plain & simply obvious to keep this one stop. Very significant amount of investment involved here (killed my money tree) so not something I wished to confuse or risk.

This does not preclude I will always run this spec or choice of mapping, as I will never say never, and the more CC I do, the more I appreciate what it can do for me too on my own motor. Whilst the engine is as it is, in this same spec however it will remain mapped by the people who built it.

Hope this clarifys some questions people ask amongst themselves.

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
Twas pulling you leg Bill.

Jabba built the car, Jabba mapped the car, it makes sense. As i said i could see the reasons for it. It was not meant to cause you a hard time.:)

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
There are always going to be people saying "use this, use that. "Some want you to have a remap the same as theres to justify to themselves THEIR choise.
I personaly think that there is no magic in chosing a dealer to do the car. They ALL offer improvements over standard, so it's up to you if you think it's worth driving the length of the country to get a jabba remap because it's 2 bhp up on a Custom Code that's around the corner from you then that's your choise.
Phone each dealer and speak to them I very much doubt they will start slagging each other off.
I chose Custom Code mainly because Gavin at The Derv Doctor is a C/C dealer if he was a Revo,APR or anything else dealer I would have still gone to HIM not the software,I KNOW that if I have ANY problems I can Phone him up or get in touch on MSN Messenger! ! and he'll sort me out.

Don't get too hung up on WHAT they do as much as WHO does it . . .

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
jason leese said:
There are always going to be people saying "use this, use that. "Some want you to have a remap the same as theres to justify to themselves THEIR choise.
I personaly think that there is no magic in chosing a dealer to do the car. They ALL offer improvements over standard, so it's up to you if you think it's worth driving the length of the country to get a jabba remap because it's 2 bhp up on a Custom Code that's around the corner from you then that's your choise.
Phone each dealer and speak to them I very much doubt they will start slagging each other off.
I chose Custom Code mainly because Gavin at The Derv Doctor is a C/C dealer if he was a Revo,APR or anything else dealer I would have still gone to HIM not the software,I KNOW that if I have ANY problems I can Phone him up or get in touch on MSN Messenger! ! and he'll sort me out.

Don't get too hung up on WHAT they do as much as WHO does it . . .

Agreed, well said.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Madmile said:
Twas pulling you leg Bill.

Jabba built the car, Jabba mapped the car, it makes sense. As i said i could see the reasons for it. It was not meant to cause you a hard time.:)

I know you were m8, but others mumble other things, hence posting the way it is.. :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise