• Slightly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Hi guys,

I currently own an Ibiza FR Black Edition 1.2 TSI (2015).

As I'm sure most are aware, it comes with a Garmin SatNav as standard. I was under the impression that I would be able to play music from my phone directly through the system via Bluetooth, I have tried on many occasion and have given up trying so I just use an AUX cord. I'm not 100% sure whether it is possible to play music through the system or not and after browsing the Internet for awhile I can't find a definitive answer so I was hoping that a fellow owner may have the answer!

Also, to anyone who has the Garmin system fitted in their car, is the battery life of it equally as bad as mine? It tends to last around 30-45 minutes after being fully charged via mains which can't be right. Not only that, when actually plugging it in whilst driving via USB it doesn't fit properly!

To be honest I've only ever really seen bad things written about it online and I expected as much anyway, I'm not too bothered about it either - Just wondering if anyone had any similar issues and/or advice as to how to resolve them.

Cheers!

ollie87

Mar 26, 2015
Hi guys,

As I'm sure most are aware, it comes with a Garmin SatNav as standard. I was under the impression that I would be able to play music from my phone directly through the system via Bluetooth, I have tried on many occasion and have given up trying so I just use an AUX cord. I'm not 100% sure whether it is possible to play music through the system or not and after browsing the Internet for awhile I can't find a definitive answer so I was hoping that a fellow owner may have the answer!

Also, to anyone who has the Garmin system fitted in their car, is the battery life of it equally as bad as mine? It tends to last around 30-45 minutes after being fully charged via mains which can't be right. Not only that, when actually plugging it in whilst driving via USB it doesn't fit properly!

To be honest I've only ever really seen bad things written about it online and I expected as much anyway, I'm not too bothered about it either - Just wondering if anyone had any similar issues and/or advice as to how to resolve them.

Cheers!

How are you plugging it in? You are plugging it straight into the dashboard with the supplied adapter? Why are you charging it from USB with driving?

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Firstly, I plugged it in to the wall in my house via the supplied USB adapter and it charged fully however it lost all charge within 30-45 minutes so I then charged it again via USB but whilst driving. And I did so because I needed it for a journey. And yes I connect it to the dashboard via the supplied adapter.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Hi guys,

Cheers!

If its the one with Integrated Garmin, It plugs into your Dashboard and this will charge the unit, and will allow you to connect via Bluetooth to the car for calling and music playback,

The battery on this device it poor as then its in the car it will be powered by the car and not the battery

ollie87

Mar 26, 2015
You don't need to charge it at home, the car will charge it from the dashboard. You probably haven't got it seated properly, check it's clipped in correctly. Mine sometimes get a bit of moisture in the connector and needs to be dried/cleaned.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Hi Ollie, I didn't notice your response until now but you were right. I checked it was mounted firmly and went for a drive and it remained charged throughout the journey and then shuts down as soon as I remove the key from the ignition. I'm happy I've finally figured out the issue (stupid mistake on my part).

Also, for anybody reading this thread having similar issues regarding connecting their phone to their sat nav; check the official seat/garmin website, search seat.garmin.com (I can't attach links) to check whether your phone is actually compatible with the satnav. I found that my iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1) unfortunately isn't compatible. The downside to the satnav is that it is only compatible with certain versions of mobile phone's operating systems (e.g. up to iOS 5.1).

Hope this helps someone in future!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Don't forget that list is out of date was published June 2013.
But I have had steaming troubles in the partners ibiza from S5 and S6 .
Glad you have got the unit working now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Don't forget that list is out of date was published June 2013.
But I have had steaming troubles in the partners ibiza from S5 and S6 .
Glad you have got the unit working now

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ahhh I didn't notice that, I highly doubt they will of updated it to be compatible with iOS 8.1 then which is disappointing, I'll be sure to check it out though. Do you know whether they're still updating the service to make it compatible with newer OS' or has it just flatlined? I say this because I've noticed that they have introduced the integrated Intellilink system (or equivalent) in the 2016 Ibiza SE/FR models.

Cheers!

Last edited:

ollie87

Mar 26, 2015
My iPhone 6 on 8.1.4 worked fine and I'm now on iOS 9GM and it works fine too.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
My iPhone 6 on 8.1.4 worked fine and I'm now on iOS 9GM and it works fine too.
Really? You're the first person I've seen that's said it works for them on here. That's good to hear! I'm assuming I'll have to install garmin fresh on my computer and update the software on my satnav and then give it a try?

ollie87

Mar 26, 2015
Really? You're the first person I've seen that's said it works for them on here. That's good to hear! I'm assuming I'll have to install garmin fresh on my computer and update the software on my satnav and then give it a try?

I've never had a problem with any iPhone or software not working together, the only issue I've ever faced is sometimes when two devices are paired but only one connected the bluetooth streaming drops out. I have to remove one of the devices then it works fine.

j.owen

Aug 30, 2015
St. Helens
Ahhh I went and had a look at it, good to know!

I updated my Garmin Fresh software when I got home from work yesterday and it worked fine which was a pleasant surprise haha! I'm glad I've finally got it working, both trivial issues which I probably could've resolved myself if I actually took the time to investigate a bit. However, thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Ollie, I was just wondering whether when you pair your phone, do you see the album artwork? I'm using Spotify rather than Apple Music if that changes anything.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members