Newbie in Rugby

licklelady

feel rather cheeky as I am new to the site but

I have a shed of an ibiza that has a few issues and was wondering if anyone has got some spare time to run the vagcom on my car.

Am short of cash so cant afford mechanics - but am sure I could stretch to some beer/fags :D

My central locking is broke. (its a 3 door. Boot and drivers door open but not passengers)

Mr drivers window is broke.

And as of this monring my car wont start. The engine trys to start but it doesnt get going. (update 18/6 was a slipped timimg chain - now being fixed)

thanks

Last edited:

gazjones

what engine is in it? does it turn over but not want to start?

licklelady

its a 2002 1.2s

I turn the key and it makes a noise as if its gonna start but it doesnt. Just keeps churning,
Just been reading on another thread about the timimg chain - could that be it.

Although when i fist got the car - i drove it out of the garage and then the temp gauge went right upto the top and the car cut out. Dealers said I had a oil leak onto a belt and it snapped and shredded - could this be the same belt?

minxycov

sounds like it's having a shed load of problems for an 02 plate....:(

Triple D

i can get vagcom on a lap top for you as i have the cable, where abouts in rugby are you?

licklelady

lol - yep. the guy that sold it to me at the dealers runs everytime he sees me.

the list is endless - I am sooo fed up - i am considering just taking it back to them

triple d - I'm north rugby - near jct 1 of the m6 - round the corner from the train startion

minxycov

Well if you've only just bought it then i would take it back and have a go, surely it's covered under warranty- where did you get it from?

Triple D

lol - yep. the guy that sold it to me at the dealers runs everytime he sees me.

the list is endless - I am sooo fed up - i am considering just taking it back to them

triple d - I'm north rugby - near jct 1 of the m6 - round the corner from the train startion

i also live in rugby, coton meadows (the new estate near br*wns*ver) couldnt say that naughty word then :lol:
Who did you buy it from?

minxycov

Who did you get it from at seat? Bet it's the same smarmy barsteward that I got mine from.....

Triple D

ah ok, so listers seat, hhmm, ill see if i can run vagcom this weekend for you, would have to be saturday morning though, as im going down to essex on saturday afternoon for the weekend. Is this your only car? or a 2nd car?

licklelady

lol at Triple D - I'm in waterside nr Br*wns*ver (i didnt want to say that in the other post either. Its the new estate oposite the pizza and chinese place.

Its a second car - we got a honda civic aswell - but its not really suitable to drive to work - my boss doest approve of modifications.

And I got it from a guy with an irish name - really tall - black hair. He was really nice - but sold me a shed - lol.

Triple D

Tell u what, ill have more time on my hands next weekend, if its ok with you ill pop round with vag com then to see what codes come up etc, and see if we can try to resolve the problem.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
or just work it out DIY... Fault codes aren't the be all and end all - there's a lot you can consider before relying on it dealer style

if the starters turning it'll either be fuel pump not priming, or no spark

easy test to rule out the fuel pump is if you can hear it when you 1st turn the key to 'lights on' position - it'll whirr for a second or two, then stop if all is OK. if not, replace FP relay

if no spark, just check the leads to the coils & check earths.

window not winding might be the motor, might be a knackered switch, or a fuse. easy to check both.

licklelady

thanks triple D that would great.

I have just been out messing with it, and when u turn the key it trys to start but doesnt and then when u turn the key back the oil light on the dash now comes on and beeps really loudly. I have chekced the oil level and its fine.

licklelady

Just an update - the car is still in the garage - the mechanic has had a real nightmare with seat and getting the parts etc.

Hopefully I'll get it back this weekend sometime -but cant be sure. I am coming to the coventry meet though - so would be grateful of a vagcom diagnois there if at all possible.

thanks

Triple D

Hello licklelady, sorry i never got back to your pm, ive been really busy just lately :( yep, we should beable to vagcom the car for you no worries, and anyone elses that goes if need be.
Hope it gets sorted out for you ASAP.
cheers
Daniel

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
feel rather cheeky as I am new to the site but

I have a shed of an ibiza that has a few issues and was wondering if anyone has got some spare time to run the vagcom on my car.

Am short of cash so cant afford mechanics - but am sure I could stretch to some beer/fags :D

My central locking is broke. (its a 3 door. Boot and drivers door open but not passengers)

Mr drivers window is broke.

And as of this monring my car wont start. The engine trys to start but it doesnt get going. (update 18/6 was a slipped timimg chain - now being fixed)

thanks

welcome, hope you get your car fixed soon.

regards

ANDY

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members