newbie just bought first leon cupra

dazz74

hi guys just went and bought a nice 2004 leon cupra in a kind of audi nogora blue
been hunting for about a month now and this one seemed best of the bunch.
totally standard ready for me to put my own mark on it .
always had jap cars but fancied a change and the cupra stood out the most
where to start with the mods ????

reefer24131

Jun 9, 2013
kent
ok cool, i had a 1.8t mk4 golf using a AUM engine, it had the following mods: ****** remap, miltek exhaust system, forge 007p dump valve with yellow spring, cold air induction kit, standard it was a 150ps model (k03) turbo and if i remeber rightly i think the rolling road print out was 198bhp, i cant remember the torque figures.

im no expert but i think the mods above are the basics, im sure someone with more experience will come along and give you a defanate answer.

dazz74

ok cool, i had a 1.8t mk4 golf using a AUM engine, it had the following mods: ****** remap, miltek exhaust system, forge 007p dump valve with yellow spring, cold air induction kit, standard it was a 150ps model (k03) turbo and if i remeber rightly i think the rolling road print out was 198bhp, i cant remember the torque figures.

im no expert but i think the mods above are the basics, im sure someone with more experience will come along and give you a defanate answer.

thanks for the info mate any ideas on a good mapper in the Berkshire area

reefer24131

Jun 9, 2013
kent
i dont know mate, best thing to do is do a search, maybe look on other vag related forums aswell to see who rates where, i think alot of people will tell you to go ****** i think they are in leicester? it can be very difficult reading reviews about companys that do remapping because you will get mixed anwsers. i think once you have chosen where you want your car mapped ask them for advice on what to do before the remap, i know a forge 007p is a must do as the oem bosch dv wont cope with the extra boost

reefer24131

Jun 9, 2013
kent
sorry mate i didnt realise it wasnt displaying the companys name. do a search and be prepared to spend hours reading because theres sh*t loads you can do if you have deep enough pockets lol

dazz74

sorry mate i didnt realise it wasnt displaying the companys name. do a search and be prepared to spend hours reading because theres sh*t loads you can do if you have deep enough pockets lol

think I got a good idea who you are talking about . is that a recirculating dump valve ? not really into the psshht noise on every gear change prefer the waste gate chatter

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Do us a favour but only if you like giving it the beans and don't get caught doing it because I know England has a load more speed cameras than over here, not sure if they allow the speed van on the motorways over there, they don't over here.

The favour is find out the gearing in speed per 1000 mph in each gear or what speed each gear maxes the engines rpm at.

My audi a6 1.8t has a 5 speed box. Mine at 6500 rpm does 1st= 32.5mph
2nd=58.5mph
3rd=88.8mph got 93mph at 6800 rpm on one occasion.
4th=123.5mph
5th=152.75mph

The reason I'm asking is that I'm thinking of dropping a six speed box into it. I know they run the same size tyres and that the engines are orientated differently but it should give me a bit of an idea as too how it would pan out. Gt4 on the playstation won't work, the programmers messed up the gearing in the 1.8t golf on it.

Cheers buddy and before you ask all the lights are on, I'm just a bit nuts or sad as some other people would see it.:D

Last edited:

dazz74

well after a week of ownership these cars are fan bloody tastic
few surprise mods on the car as well ss exhaust not sure what make and hid headlights
I'm also reckon its been mapped not sure though. I test drove a few before buying this one and it definitely feels more torquey and responsive

macky

Go for the 007p dump valve , k&n, remap and milltek system. I did these on my old 04 cupra which was running around 290bhp.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.