Newbie looking to buy leon supercopa

Manwag24

Mar 6, 2017
Hi guys
I'm Sarah nice to meet you all :)
I'm absolutely crazy about the leon supercopa and I've decided to buy one and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to look for
I'm torn between black Blue or white and see that there are a few that are seriously overpriced
Are there any common faults to look for etc
All advice much appreciated

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Only problems I've had are

Wheel Alignment (seems the norm across VAG cars)
EGR broke and required replacing

Beyond that it's been perfect.

The finish on the wheel caps is rubbish and peels, again this seems common going by this board.

fatboy_coach

Mar 4, 2017
I traded my Subaru for one on Saturday, best move I've made. Lovely car, bright Red wasn't my first choice but it's growing on me:D

On the subject of EGRs, how much was it to replace? I'm not expecting it to go, but then again I ended up with a new engine in the scoob after 6 months of ownership :censored: (and that was a known fault with the pistons, not driving it like I stole it!)

t121anf

May 14, 2004
My EGR was replaced under warranty. I had an intermittent engine light coming on, seem to be early (cold) damp mornings when it happened, then would be gone by the time I drove the car home from work.

As my warranty was coming to an end I decided to get it checked out (logs still showed the problem), SEAT replaced it free all be it with a bit of hassle due the dealer being poor.

Oh I've remembered another fault but I think this was just me being unlucky. The attachment for the gas strut on the tailgate snapped off. Required a new tailgate (again under warranty), never heard of this for any other Leons.

Stubaru

Apr 7, 2014
I've got a White one and my wife has a Blue one. No massive issues with either and they've both been mapped, lowered and had camber increasing mods at the front. Much more fun to drive now and good economy too.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi sarah defo go blue I wanted blue when lookin to buy mine overpriced compared wi other colours
not realy noticed any probs the egr thing only seems an issue on early models if you can afford it go for the later cr engine if you go tdi only other prob common wi all mk2's is the bonnet water leak thing had mine replaced twice under warranty guess what still leaks dealer told me 2'nd time we've fixed it it don't leak now lyin w*%$kr

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Hi sarah defo go blue I wanted blue when lookin to buy mine overpriced compared wi other colours
not realy noticed any probs the egr thing only seems an issue on early models if you can afford it go for the later cr engine if you go tdi only other prob common wi all mk2's is the bonnet water leak thing had mine replaced twice under warranty guess what still leaks dealer told me 2'nd time we've fixed it it don't leak now lyin w*%$kr

Supercopa is only CR it was an end of production special.

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool

Slight hijack but what did you do to fix it in the end? Seen a few solutions none of which seem foolproof. Mine needs sorting.

Love the supercopa, wish I'd have known about these and the FR+ before I got my copaSE but having said that do love my copaSE too just the extra bodykit and other bits on the others make them look so much nicer.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Slight hijack but what did you do to fix it in the end? Seen a few solutions none of which seem foolproof. Mine needs sorting.

Love the supercopa, wish I'd have known about these and the FR+ before I got my copaSE but having said that do love my copaSE too just the extra bodykit and other bits on the others make them look so much nicer.

I've not got round to doing it yet been looking for a while on here for a solution think I'll give this a try http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334170

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.