1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Newbie question about glovebox fitting

Discussion in 'Modifications and Styling' started by Haggis, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Haggis

Haggis Guest

Hi,

Just got myself a brand New TDI 150 with cupra bodykit.

I was looking at connecting up my IPOD to the head unit and have read there should be a conenction cable behind the glove box. So what I am trying to remove is the DIN shaped box on the right.

I am trying to remove the cosmetic surround without breaking it. I can successfully unclip it from the bottom, but it seems to be stuck at the top.

So long story short, how do I remove this surround without breaking it.

Thanks

Iain

2. Icecavern

Icecavern ICE God

The surround has 2 clips on it as well, unclip the bottom of the surround and pull it down and out and they should unclip.

As for the cable. TBH I don't think the cable is fitted to the newer cars so you'll need to buy one.

3. platinumFR

platinumFR Full Member

try http://www.connects2.com/ for the cable, as icecavern quoted i also checked my 05 fr and found no cable! im sure connects 2 will supply a cable 4 your head unit that connects into the back!