Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Hello all,
Decided to start a thread to follow my progress, gain ideas and answer possible queries. Will be uploading some pictures to show how she currently sits and what has been done so far along with future prospects. Stay tuned!

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
1E43C68D-E782-4029-ADA9-FDBBC673FF94.jpeg

Here she is shortly after me purchasing, this is my second Cupra and was completely standard with 56,000miles on the clock.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
0FA694EF-7E02-4A40-AAAB-47856706E488.jpeg

The first thing I did was to fit wind deflectors and replaced the old rusty back box with a new Cobra non res cat-back, made a massive difference to the driving experience and looks a 100 times better. Parked up with my mates ep3 both looking clean before going on a spirited drive.

Last edited:

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
12023997-6ECA-48FB-A458-AB097E62FFCA.jpeg

Felt it was time to get stuck in under the bonnet and prepare for stage 1 remap.
Fitted a 007p
Ramair cone filter
4bar FPR
Catch can
Clean the throttle body.
n249 bypass
Notices some differences but mainly in sound and throttle response

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Car looks tidy, and @56,000 it must be one of the lowest millage cupras out there.
Lenses look the part, but you can be sure the old bill won't feel the same. I'd definitely make sure they are road legal and declared on your insurance, because if someone drives into the back of you, you can almost guarantee that they'll say they couldn't see your brake lights.

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
View attachment 5608

better shot of the catch can, amazed how much turd gets built up after a few weeks
Where the MAF is "the black box above it" are two relays, one for ECU power and one for sai power. Unplugging it will kill the sia from working and you can remove the rest of it with out blanking it off. Valve will not open with relay removed but will bring in the engine light "code out". Forget which one it is but there are only two...think it has 100 on it. I did this and ran it for ages without issue and without the stupid noise on cold start.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Where the MAF is "the black box above it" are two relays, one for ECU power and one for sai power. Unplugging it will kill the sia from working and you can remove the rest of it with out blanking it off. Valve will not open with relay removed but will bring in the engine light "code out". Forget which one it is but there are only two...think it has 100 on it. I did this and ran it for ages without issue and without the stupid noise on cold start.

Very interesting of you to mention this as I have had an engine warning light on for a while now that keeps coming back once deleted after a couple days. The code is 16795 "secondary air injection system, incorrect flow detected." This all started after fitting the induction kit and n249 delete. Have seen many owners remove the whole system. Will have to do more looking into but may try what you have suggested as on cold start it's all you can hear!

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
7F6193AC-691F-4503-9BA6-C7682F5A7509.jpeg

Front splitter fitted which really compliments the front end. Also wrapped the fogs with yellow vinyl, looks less plain but still understated.

Last edited:

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
E75AA450-91C6-4E56-96A3-6189E1410142.jpeg

Hated the long ugly looking Ariel so swapped out for a stubby one with carbon on it, for £2.49 why not. Anyone know of any hacks to make the rubber part look less old and perished?

Last edited:

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Quick update: fitted a short shifter and went up to AMD for a stage 1 remap, they also did a carbon clean of the engine and replaced a CV joint which had been dead for a while. 5 hours and lots of money later it was done. Made roughly 210bhp and 250ft-lbs. Really transformed the driving experience with more pull on and off boost along with a nice rumble and burble from the exhaust and better throttle response. Really pleased although still chasing the idea of more power.

Last edited:

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Very interesting of you to mention this as I have had an engine warning light on for a while now that keeps coming back once deleted after a couple days. The code is 16795 "secondary air injection system, incorrect flow detected." This all started after fitting the induction kit and n249 delete. Have seen many owners remove the whole system. Will have to do more looking into but may try what you have suggested as on cold start it's all you can hear!
This code will be replace with a different one, I forget what one but it means the sia has no power supply. Valve will remain shut. Fault code will need coding out to remove the light.

Youshuddaboughtacuprar

Mar 19, 2019
Currently have a problem with my cupra, noticed while driving yesterday it started hesitating and popping really loudly out the exhaust and when I pulled over it was idling really rough and was vibrating out the exhaust sounding really lumpy almost like a subie. Opened the bonnet and could hear a loud hissing near the front of the engine but couldn't see anywhere that was leaking, engine was shaking and didn't throw up any codes. No fluids leaking and no smoke so really puzzled. Any feedback would be appreciated.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise